Join us as we pursue our vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk’s Assurance, Advisory, Risk and Compliance (SpAARC) team is looking for a motivated Senior Manager of Technology Compliance who will own the commercial technology assurance, advisory, internal & external compliance and risk management services to the company. In this position you will make a difference at Splunk and stand out from others by building consultative partnerships with business owners, internal/external auditors, and engineering teams to drive risk mitigation, process gaps maturity, and controls management. Being analytical, upbeat, creative, and one who thrives in a highly skilled and dynamic environment will lead to success. Your focus will be on the management of internal audit, interface and manage external audit engagements, and manage commercial compliance efforts that meet or exceed various technology security compliance and internal controls that include, but are not limited to, SOX 404 ITGC, SOC I & II, HIPAA, ISO 27001, and PCI-DSS as it pertains to software, Cloud, and on premise environments. You must be comfortable working with both technical and non-technical resources and have experience describing compliance requirements in a technical manner and comfortable reporting to leadership.
- Oversees management of planning, execution, and reporting of technology and security assessments within Splunk's Operations / Engineering / Technology areas.
- Ensures accurate identification, communication, and mitigation of risks, processes, and internal control gaps with potential adverse operational, financial, strategic and compliance risk implications.
- Drives new and existing engagements with business and control owners, internal & external auditors, as well as Splunk leadership on new and ongoing compliance initiatives and business transformation projects.
- Oversees the execution of external audits over Splunk’s products and internal controls in accordance with, but not limited to: SOX 404 ITGC, SOC I & II, ISO 27001, HIPAA, and PCI.
- Oversees audit programs for internal and external audit engagements and reporting on program status, observations, and remediation efforts.
- Assists in the design of automation to enable scalability of the compliance programs.
- Owns the follow up of action plans to ensure appropriate and timely mitigation of identified risks.
- Manages a team that assess technology and compliance risks and controls in technology processes, cloud applications, cloud infrastructure.
- Assists with coaching and development of managers and junior members of the team.
- 10+years of experience in technical audit and/or security
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Technology, Engineering, Business or equivalent.
- At least one Professional certification - CISSP, CEH, CIPP, CISM, PMP, CISA, CPA, etc - is required.
- Proven skill in G Suite, MS Excel, Word and presentations with an understanding of data analysis techniques.
- Hands-on experience reviewing and testing common IT & Engineering technologies including OS, databases, network infrastructure, application security, Linux/Windows system security, networking, mobile device security, cloud technologies and applications (IaaS, SaaS, PaaS environments, etc.).
- Implemented and/or audited controls from at least two common industry and regulatory frameworks and standards (e.g., NIST, SOC I & II, ISO 27001, HIPAA, PCI-DSS, OWASP, ITIL, SOX, etc.).
- Strong leadership, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills to be able to interact with technical and non-technical colleagues and management.
- Experience formulating audit testing plans, steps, and procedures.
- Strong audit documentation skills
- Proficient in systems / technology “As-Is vs. To-Be” analysis.
- Team-player with high EQ.
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, efficient, and able to work independently to multitask and lead multiple workloads to timely completion.
- Experience in international company operations and proficiency in foreign language a plus.
- Familiar with Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) concepts a plus.
- Familiar or have experience with the concepts of a Common/Unified Controls Framework.
- Unquestionable integrity and credibility.
- May require travel 20% of the time (domestic and international)
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.