Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Our employees are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. We are committed to our work, our customers, to having fun and most significantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
We are currently seeking a highly effective Sr. Manager, Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting with passion and a proven track record for success in researching complex accounting and reporting issues, partnering with business partners to collect relevant information, performing technical accounting analyses, and working in a teaming environment. In this role, expectations are high with regard to possessing outstanding communication, collaboration and influencing skills. This role will focus on supporting the technical accounting functional workstream and reports into the Senior Director, Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting.
What you’ll do
● Oversee the preparation of quarterly SEC filings (e.g. 10Q, 8-K earnings release, 10K)
● Oversee research of authoritative and interpretive accounting guidance applicable to non-recurring transactions as they arise, including business combinations
● Oversee the maintenance of critical accounting policies
● Support the monthly and quarterly accounting for leases (ASC 842), stock compensation (ASC 718), deferred commissions (ASC 340-40)
● Prepare technical accounting memos
● Partner with key functional business teams to collect information and documentation necessary to complete technical accounting analyses
● Partner with key functional business teams, including FP&A, to field technical accounting questions as they arise
● Assist in streamlining the technical accounting function through the identification of efficiencies and adoption of best practices
● Work closely with our auditors on complex accounting issues
● Support the compilation of quarterly Board and Audit Committee reporting
What you’ll need
● Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or another related field required
● 8+ years dynamic accounting experience required across Big 4 audit and corporate accounting environments
● Ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to both technical and non-technical partners
● 5+ years experience as a people manager; open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
● Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
● Exceptional technical knowledge of US GAAP and SEC Reporting
● Ability to work in a dynamic accounting department, successfully juggling multiple entities, projects and deliverables
● CPA preferred
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.