Want to help make an IMPACT to our government agencies missions? Want to be a part of a company CHANGING the WORLD?
At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
This is an opportunity to work at a company that is innovating the way information supports business decisions.
Check out Splunk Public Sector – We’re hiring! https://vimeo.com/279499574
Brief Description/Job Description:
We are seeking an exceptional pre-sales leader to join our team as a Senior Manager, North America Architects. In addition to the requisite passion, skills, and experience, the successful candidate will have a measurable track record in building and managing high performing organizations staffed with highly-technical individuals. This individual will play a key role driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk.
Location: McLean, VA
- Directly manage highly-technical pre-sales engineering teams as a technical leader partnering closely with Sales and Customer Success teams
- Help deliver aggressive software license revenue targets
- Leverage a team to drive pre-sales customer success on high-value and strategically significant accounts, expanding deployments and use cases
- Serve as a highly-technical leader, capable of regular hands-on activity with team members and driving activity from the front
- Understand the full suite of Splunk software and be capable of demonstrating it technically to all levels of customers
- Coordinate with Regional Sales Directors on account planning, strategy, and sales calls
- Hire the right technical team members to match Splunk’s growth
- Work within Splunk sales methodology and processes effectively
- Understand how to leverage both domestic and international colleagues to expand deal size and value to the customer
- Maintain regular, constructive communications with your direct reports, colleagues, and extended team members - supporting appropriate situational awareness and appropriate allocation of resources
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly our Product organization
Candidate key differentiators:
- Ideal candidates will have practical experience as a senior technical consultant, preferably at a “top 10” consulting firm, and able to holistically assess their business, develop strategies independently, and achieve results
- Ideal candidates will also have deep, hands-on expertise with Splunk software and have led developers to create analytic solutions on the Splunk Enterprise platform
- Track record of promoting diversity and leveraging the strengths from diverse teams for mission success
- Experience crafting client-ready presentations, whitepapers, and other documents that are appropriately scoped, technically accurate, as well as structurally and grammatically precise
- Practical skills with at least one of the primary Cloud Service Providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Strong knowledge of at least one scripting language (e.g., Python, Ruby, bash), experience with automation, REST interfaces, etc. also highly desirable
- Practical Linux skills, particularly developing software/applications on a *nix OS and preferably functionality related to Splunk’s software suite
- Demonstrable experience creating 3rd-party product integrations with Splunk Enterprise software and/or Splunk apps
- Familiarity with prominent Cloud security, security compliance, privacy, and accessibility frameworks related to US Commercial and US Public Sector entities
- Experience and practical domain knowledge of technical and analytic challenges faced by both Commercial companies and US Federal Civilian, DoD, Aerospace & Defense contractors, Higher Education and state/local government organizations
- Practical experience delivering software or other technical demonstrations to both technical and non-technical audiences
- A current or recent US government security clearance is highly desirable - candidate must be eligible to obtain a US government security clearance
- Bachelors or Masters degree in an engineering discipline from a globally recognized university highly preferred - equivalent professional experience will be considered for exceptionally well-qualified candidates
- At least 5 years in technical leadership/technical sales leadership
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.