Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success.
Do you love using your finance skills to lead change and efficiency? Are you highly analytical and have a high attention to detail? Do you want to work in a dynamic, high-energy environment in partnering with our Sales organization to reach our goal of hitting $5 billion and beyond? Then, this is the role for you.
We’re hiring for a role on the Sales Finance team to help us with some of the most critical and interesting challenges in support of one of the best-performing Sales teams in the world. You will join a small, highly-collaborative finance team and make an impact on Splunk’s business. Reporting to the Senior Director of Finance, you will be responsible for forecasting, reporting, and analytics for our Sales go-to-market, with a deep emphasis on providing predictive analytics and leading change. Further, you will lead act as the CFO of the business group that you support. You will partner with our field organization and make a direct impact on the business.
- Own, maintain, and report on the forecast and plan for top-line bookings performance
- Partner directly with sales leadership to understand seasonal trends, sales cycle dynamics, and inform finance leadership on risks and opportunities
- You will develop reporting packages and dashboards for quarterly financial and business review meetings that succinctly summarize key insights on historical performance as well as providing recommendations on actionable insights
- Become the subject matter expert on key business metrics, especially as Splunk transitions into a subscription-first business model
- Provide detailed financial models that will be used to predict as well as run scenarios on potential future outcomes
- Be the trusted advisor and finance owner for expense budgeting and planning for your respective business partners and teams
- Roll up your sleeves and assist in developing annual operating plans, quarterly and monthly financial forecasts, and ongoing analysis of actuals versus plan and/or forecast
- Exhibit flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities and assignments as they are identified and to assist with various ad hoc projects as needed
- 10+ years total finance experience, with 5+ years of experience in a high-growth, subscription-based software recurring revenue model
- Understanding of the subscription-model business metrics and drivers (e.g. ACV, TCV, renewal rates, churn, ARR, and CAC)
- Proven business partnership in owning expense budgeting and planning, and forecasting accuracy with the ability to clearly communicate variance explanations
- Experience with reporting and dashboarding; you have used systems and tools to drive scalability and ease-of-use
- Deep expertise in financial modeling, using predictive methodologies as well as strong scenario analyses experience
- Strong financial acumen broadly across the organization (e.g., understanding of financial documents, chart of accounts, business intelligence, FP&A processes, etc.)
- Technical competence with revenue recognition standards and US GAAP accounting rules
- Superior software and system skills. NetSuite, Workday, Salesforce.com, and Anaplan experience a plus
- Experience in querying, organizing, and summarizing data across multiple systems and comfortable with ambiguity to reach conclusions and recommendations
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of presenting complex financial information in an easy-to-understand format
- MBA from a top-tier program strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance. Finance & Accounting, Computer Science or related focus a plus.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.