Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
Our Splunk Family are focused and collaborative bunch spanning functions across sales, customer success, support, marketing and G&A functions. We love to work as a team, celebrate success and learn from our losses. We have a great team culture with end of quarter celebrations, volunteering activities and a culture based on respect, transparency and always doing the right thing!
Job Description: That’s a cool job, I want it.
Splunk is seeking a dynamic Service Desk Senior Manager to lead all aspects of our IT Support function within the AMER region with an emphasis on thinking globally. You will be responsible for delivering high quality end-user services, systems, tools, and support. Due to the high impact and broad scope of this role, we’re looking for people with both the technical experience and the drive to innovate and think outside traditional IT Support models. We are also looking for a leader that has had prior experience building out and managing a team in a high-performance and growing organization, with the passion to collaborate with others, and using data as a driver to achieve great success.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that.
- Lead the development of our L1 and AMER service desk teams to best support the technology needs of our global employee base.
- Deliver end user tools and services with a focus on automation of repeatable tasks
- Drive continuous improvement and develop on service desk operations including knowledge base and self-service opportunities.
- Manage vendor relationships, purchasing of devices and the logistics of shipments in our AMER region.
- Help determine the most impactful KPI’s and ensure that a high bar of support expectations are being met.
- Track and meet established SLA’s. Share data insights on a monthly basis with IT leadership.
- Stay on top of the newest trends, tools, approaches and work with Service Desk management peers to ensure Splunk adopts these at the appropriate time.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders such as Security, Facilities, HR, and other IT teams on a regular cadence to align on strategy and growth, and to deliver shared initiatives.
- Provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities
- Help define and implement Service Desk related policies, procedures, and best practices
- Set employee objectives, monitor and evaluate performance, and provide feedback and mentoring
- Partner with your Global Service Desk team to set clear guidelines and expectations across the entire global service desk organization and hold all levels accountable for high performance and execution
- Ability to work effectively with staff, peers, and others in and outside the organization to accomplish goals, objectives and to identify and resolve problems
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that.
- 5+ years as a Manager of Service / Help desk
- 7+ years leading an IT, Desktop Support, or System Administration team
- In depth knowledge of and the ability to perform advanced troubleshooting on Mac OS & Windows OS and various applications including Office. Also knowledgeable of Linux OS.
- Successful track record leading large, globally distributed teams, especially in a high growth environment.
- Strong foundational understanding of IT infrastructure, networking, applications, and operations
- Experience with supporting in-person and remote workforce across global demographics
- Experience with SOX, Fedramp, ISO and GDPR compliances
- Fantastic customer service attitude with experience in large scale in-person support models
- Virtual Events, AV and conference room support experience with a strong focus of unified user experience with Zoom
- Ability to create slides and memos to socialize and get feedback on ideas, and proposals to gain broad alignment on key tech support decisions
- Experience supporting Cloud and SaaS Applications with a deep working knowledge for Google G Suite
- Work with senior executives across the organization to understand/solve the technical challenges and needs of their respective groups
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor Degree or comparable work experience
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.