We are building Splunk's Data Governance & Operations team as an internally focused organization strategically aligned to the businesses focus on data simplification and trust. Our mission is to establish strong enterprise data standards and improve data quality across the organization.
The Senior Manager of Data Operations will be responsible for building and managing a customer data mastering & management capability. They will act as the authority on data onboarding, content entry, maintenance processes, & quality assurance across the lifecycle of master data critical to Splunk's business functions. The manager will develop team resources, establish data management practices, and build trust in Splunk's customer master record. You will drive adoption of new data management and change processes by deploying training, education, controls, procedures & documentation, and establishing continuous capabilities self-assessment.
- Define & implement customer data management methodologies that support Splunk strategy around customer growth and retention.
- You will grow and own the team responsible for new customer onboarding, data maintenance, quality assurance, corporate & reporting hierarchy management, and change control.
- Partner with Marketing, Sales Operations, Customer Success, Finance & Legal teams to define the data lifecycle of the customer at Splunk and deploy effective data acquisition, integration, management & mastering methodologies
- Define and lead data improvement programs used to advance content management operations
- You will manage relationships with data vendors used to support entity identification, validation, and firmographics acquisition.
- Establish a workflow based service request process to document and implement data management tasks
- Define and deploy performance based metrics scorecards across the customer data operations pipeline to identify process risks and efficiency opportunities
- Work closely with data quality, metadata and lineage services to ensure conformance of content to enterprise data content, sourcing, and distribution standards
- Provide coaching and mentorship to team members and data partners to improve operational excellence
- Maintain & catalog structured content intake, management and distribution processes
- Collaborate with IT to deploy appropriate tools & processes to support data entry, de-duplication, and mastering.
- Implement training and education program for customer data consumers to build balanced understanding and use of customer content
- Ensure compliance with internal data policies and external regulatory requirements
Education & Experience
- Minimum 10 years of operational or consultant experience in a data management, data operations, or data governance role within software, consumer goods, or financial services
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing combined onshore / offshore teams
- Experience working with enterprise platforms such as SFDC, SAP, and Talend strongly preferred
- Ability to engage and communicate with senior leaders to provide clear, concise explanations of data management & mastering concepts, priorities and initiatives
- Experience working in both group and individual engagements to understand and collect business data requirements, and translate into deployable solutions
- Understanding of how master data integrates within a data model, and how to use data analysis to align and conform data structures to the master record
- Working understanding of customer mastering, including survivorship & match/merge principles
- Experience working with Dun & Bradstreet, Lexis Nexis, Inside View or similar data providers
- Prior experience using change management to ensure that content or technical changes are introduced into the data model & architecture with minimal disruption to business operations
- Prior experience working within regulatory guidelines to deliver effective operational data management
- Experience partnering with IT on implementation of workflow, controls monitoring and quality tools
- Engagement management using a combination of verbal and written interpersonal skills
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.