Splunk is looking for a Senior Data Engineering Development Manager to join and lead our growing team of data engineering and business intelligence analytics experts. You will be responsible for designing and managing robust and scalable data engineering solutions. You are responsible for implementing/optimizing the data architecture and implementing standards and engineering patterns. You will also be responsible for maintaining consistent delivery of accurate data to cross-functional stakeholders. On projects, you will guide the project team to stay agile and make sure that the project abides to data engineering principles. Our ideal candidate is an expert data evangelist who enjoys optimizing data structures and building data technologies.
What you’ll do:
- Deliver strong and visionary leadership to your team, enhance and develop a strong data culture and commitment to impact business positively.
- Provide people management, mentorship, and career development to data and business intelligence engineers.
- As a hands-on manager, participate in key technical and design discussions with engineers on the teams.
- Collaborate with business leaders, product owners and execute data roadmap to support the data and BI requirements
- Define strategies to capture all data sources and impact of business process changes on data feeds, data model etc.
- Continually explore new technologies like Streaming Data, Data Science and assess their fit and value for the organization.
What you bring to the table:
- 12+ years of professional experience in the analytics field with progressively increasing responsibility. 5+ years of managing data engineers and business intelligence professionals.
- Experience with data strategy planning processes, understanding of common issues, drivers, imperatives and objectives across the enterprise.
- Demonstrated history of designing and building enterprise level data foundations and architecture
- Expert team leadership, including growing, managing and coaching a team of direct reports
- 5+ years experience in cloud data technologies like AWS, Snowflake/Redshift, Tableau, etc.
- 10+ years experience and expert level knowledge working with Python, ETL/ELT Techniques, SaaS Business Applications, Open source patterns and SQL relational database technologies
- Business and analytical thinker, with an ability to create solutions based on data analytics
- Ability to communicate complex analytic ideas and insights to a non-technical audience from a variety of business functions.
- Ability to design, execute, and interpret the results of experiments on large and complex data sets
- Strong knowledge of, and competencies in, industry best / next practices in the application of analytics in marketing contexts.
- Can lead the evaluation, selection and implementation of technology solutions including providing detailed analysis of pros and cons and build vs buy options.