Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you a passionate Senior Engineering Manager seeking a challenge? Splunk is looking for a hardworking senior manager to lead and support Splunk's Corporate Cloud Engineering team. You will be engaged with delivering and supporting an extraordinary global infrastructure to enable Splunkers.
You will partner with and mentor internal teams on how to design, build and lead a globally accessible infrastructure platform, while keeping a watchful eye on capacity, performance and service availability. You will optimize features and stability, building tools and processes that reduce overhead through automation.
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
- Lead a team of SRE/Automation/Software Engineers to deliver projects and services used by various Splunk teams.
- Own end-to-end availability and performance of critical services and build automation to reduce operational overhead
- Lead by example, set goals for your team, and establish credibility with the quality of your service.
- Lead on-call rotations and incident triage
- Design, write and deliver software or tooling to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Splunk’s services.
- Establish and track critical metrics to meet SLA
- Partner with Product Management and User's to drive prioritization and deliver impact
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 12+ years of overall professional experience
- 5+ years of experience working in a DevOps or SRE team
- 3+ years of experience as an Engineering Manager
- Excellent technical knowledge of scripting languages (shell, python), Terraform, AWS or other Public Cloud platforms, operating systems (linux and windows), Configuration Management tools (Ansible or Puppet), network fundamentals and automation
- Experience with supporting public cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Excellent technical knowledge of Kubernetes, ECS, and various public cloud compute services
- Experience with implementing standardizations and frameworks (CCF)
- Experience leading blended skill teams (Software & Systems)
- Experience with supporting a globally available service or website
- A phenomenal customer-centric attitude
- Solid understanding of AGILE/SCRUM methodology
- Ability to work effectively with staff, peers, and others in and outside the organization to accomplish goals, objectives and to identify and resolve problems
Preferred knowledge and experience: These are a huge plus
- Prior experience in software development or software engineering
- Experience with Splunk
- Agile certifications
Education: Got it!
Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent years of industry experience.
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.