Ready to shake things up? Join Splunk as we pursue our disruptive vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experiences for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most significantly to each other's success.
In this role you will apply your deep knowledge of the enterprise collaboration landscape and experience building teams in a hyper-growth environment. You bring independent direction, consensus building, and people management skills to Splunk. You will work with teams across the company to find a common set of goals, and build systems that will enable Splunkers to meet them. Crafting long and short-term roadmaps, as well as execution plans are key aspects of the job. This Senior Technology Management position requires a leader with financial acumen that can operate independently with minimal supervision.
Major initiatives include:
- Engage Splunkers to identify and define how Splunk will collaborate and communicate as a multi-billion dollar global organization
- Set strategic direction based on feedback from Splunkers coupled with collaboration macro trends
- Translate strategy into an executable roadmap
- Rationalize all enterprise tools that align to the strategy and augment where necessary
- Seize opportunities to bring to bear Splunk technology to drive greater operational intelligence
- Implement a robust data security model to safeguard customer, employee, IP, and financial data within the collaboration and communication space
Responsibility / Duties :
- Build a team to increase employee productivity while Splunk continues to enjoy hyper growth
- Optimize for a mobile-first workforce
- Ongoing evaluation of existing and emerging tools in the marketplace
- Regularly conduct surveys to solicit feedback on the effectiveness of the solutions
- Work closely with existing service owners to execute a common strategy
- Partner with Finance, Procurement, and HR to build budgets that align with multi-year expectations
- Ensure that operational systems are available 24x7 and that processes are continually improved
- Develop staff and be a role model
- Skilled at communicating up, across, and down the organization
Minimum Job Requirements:
- BS/BA or higher; Computer Science degree preferred
- 8-10 years of relevant experience in IT in both small and large-scale global organization
- Participate in Technical Duty Officer on-call rotation
- A demonstrable record of designing and deploying systems that rapidly scale appropriately to each stage of a company’s growth
- Compelling written and verbal communicator
- Experience with Zoom, Gsuite, Slack, MS Exchange and O365 is required
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area's "Best Places to Work" by The San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. We also consider applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.