Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Our employees are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. We are committed to our work, our customers, to having fun and most significantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
We are seeking a highly effective and motivated Senior Manager, Accounting with passion and a proven track record for success in organizational planning, accounting process re-engineering, systems architecture, innovation through technology, and operational transformation. We are seeking a leader who delivers results and who will be a key driver in helping us scale our accounting department. This role requires strong business acumen, and the ability to apply that business knowledge and know-how into the systems, process or reporting solutions that are proposed and delivered. As a Senior Manager, expectations are high with regards to possessing outstanding communication, collaboration and influencing skills. This role will focus on optimizing our global accounting operations and there will be project initiatives that require a global view and a clear understanding of how to best collaborate with cross-functional teams to lead to optimal solutions. Reporting to the Director, Corporate Accounting you will lead the cash, prepaid, fixed assets, accruals and other GL accounting areas, be involved in the monthly close, ensure accurate and timely financial statements, while having responsibility for a diverse range of accounting, finance, and compliance duties. This position requires a strong understanding of accounting principles as well as the business process end to end.
What you’ll do
- Manage all aspects of our global cash accounting and reporting including but not limited to cash application, cash disbursement, cash flow forecasting and intercompany transactions of our international subsidiaries.
- Partner with Treasury, FP&A and Finance Technology teams to drive improvements in the cash management process and systems that will enable us to grow in a flexible and cost-effective manner.
- Supervise all aspects of prepaid and fixed asset accounting and reporting including but not limited to partnering with operational groups within the company to ensure proper accounting of prepaid and fixed assets, reviewing asset sub-ledger vs. general ledger reconciliations and performing prepaid and fixed asset analyses
- Participate in our global month-end close and consolidation process, including reviewing of journal entries, account reconciliations and preparing and reviewing financial reporting and flux analysis.
- Perform technical accounting research and draft memos using broad knowledge of accounting concepts, wide-ranging experience, superior analytical skills and knowledge of industry to ensure appropriate accounting treatment on complex accounting issues in accordance to GAAP.
- Possess a deep understanding of ERP systems including sub-modules, including the development, implementation and/or maintenance of one or more accounting systems
- Work effectively in a high growth environment – comfortable in both individual contributor roles and cross-functional team management roles, depending on what is required by the business at the time.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement and operational innovation and regularly interact with business owners and senior level management on accounting matters.
- Plan and design business processes and objectives and make recommendations and changes in order to improve and support scalability in the team organization, business systems and activities.
- Develop and mentor accounting staffs to build their professional career and maximize potential
- Partner with internal and external auditors to maintain a strong internal control environment overall financial transactions and processes, and regularly monitor and assess risks associated with our current and new processes.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or other related field required
- Minimum of 10 years dynamic accounting experience required across Big 4 audit and corporate accounting environments
- Experience with cash, prepaid, fixed assets, accruals and GL accounting
- CPA is required
- Proven experience in optimizing Accounting & Finance processes
- Ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to both technical and non-technical partner
- Exceptional people manager skills, open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to getting the job done
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving and decision making skills
- Solid technical knowledge of GAAP / SEC accounting and reporting requirements
- Experience with scaling and automation of processes
- Ability to work in a dynamic accounting department, successfully juggling multiple entities, projects and deliverables
- In-depth knowledge of financial statements and financial statement analysis, including an ability to analyze cash flow and the impact on the financial statements
- Strong managerial, planning, organizational, decision-making, interpersonal, analytical, and lateral thinking skills
- Extensive knowledge and use of Microsoft Excel
- SAP experience is preferred or experience with other global financial systems