Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Our employees are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. We are committed to our work, our customers, to having fun and most significantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
We are currently seeking a highly effective Senior Manager, Accounting with passion and a proven track record for success in organizational planning, financial process re-engineering, systems architecture, innovation through technology, and operational transformation. We are seeking a leader who delivers results and who will be a key driver in helping us scale our accounting department. This role requires strong business acumen, and the ability to apply that business knowledge and know-how into the systems, process or reporting solutions that are proposed and delivered. As a Senior Manager, expectations are high with regards to possessing outstanding communication, collaboration and influencing skills. This role will focus on optimizing our global accounting operations and there will be project initiatives that require a global view and a clear understanding of how to best collaborate with our International Accounting counter-parts to lead to optimal solutions. Reporting to the Director, Corporate Accounting you will lead the monthly close, ensuring accurate and timely financial statements, while having responsibility for a diverse range of accounting, finance, and compliance duties.
What you’ll do
- You will manage global month-end close and consolidation process, including reviewing of journal entries, account reconciliations and preparing and reviewing financial reporting and flux analysis.
- You will collaborate and coordinate with various business partners to obtain required financial reporting information and develop improvements to the financial reporting process.
- You will perform technical accounting research and draft memos using broad knowledge of accounting concepts, wide-ranging experience, superior analytical skills and knowledge of industry to ensure appropriate accounting treatment on complex accounting issues in accordance to GAAP.
- You will have a deep understanding of ERP systems including sub-modules, including the development, implementation and/or maintenance of one or more accounting systems. SAP experience is preferred.
- You will work effectively in a high growth environment – comfortable in both individual contributor roles and cross-functional team management roles, depending on what is required by the business at the time.
- You will promote a culture of continuous improvement and operational innovation and regularly interact with business owners and senior level management on accounting matters.
- You will plan and design business processes and objectives and make recommendations and changes in order to improve and support scalability in the team organization, business systems and activities.
- You will develop and mentor accounting staffs to build their professional career and maximize potential
- You will partner with internal and external auditors to maintain a strong internal control environment over all financial transactions and processes, and regularly monitor and assess risks associated with our current and new processes.
What you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or other related field required
- Minimum of 10 years dynamic accounting experience required across Big 4 audit and corporate accounting environments
- Proven experience in optimizing Accounting & Finance processes
- Ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to both technical and non-technical partners
- Excellent people manager, open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent technical knowledge of GAAP / SEC accounting and reporting requirements
- Prior experience working with foreign subsidiaries, including consolidation, intercompany and foreign currency accounting, and preparation of consolidated financial statements
- Ability to work in a dynamic accounting department, successfully juggling multiple entities, projects and deliverables
- CPA required
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.