Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Job Description: That’s a cool job! I want it!
Splunk Legal is a collaborative team of lawyers and legal professionals who help accelerate Splunk’s success by providing creative and practical answers to cutting-edge legal questions. Splunk Legal delivers solutions that align with the letter and spirit of the law and that enable Splunk to grow its leadership globally. This position reports to the Senior Director, Commercial Legal.
You are an experienced attorney who will focus on all aspects of Splunk’s routes to market for its industry leading Cloud services and technology. This will include negotiating software and cloud transactions with strategic and channel partners, as well as direct enterprise customers. You'll provide high level counseling to the Splunk Partner organization regarding Splunk’s global partner programs, advising on the various legal risks (including anti-competition), business strategies and other issues related to the structure and execution of our partner programs. You will also assist with the continuous development of the team and its processes. Diligent and proactive, you bring business judgment and critical thinking, along with the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment. Since Splunk is a global business, you will need to have international experience with commercial transactions to identify and resolve legal risks.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Review, draft and negotiate alliances with strategic partners.
- Respond promptly to requests for legal advice from the business teams supporting, summarizing and communicating legal concepts that business people can use.
- Advise all business clients on the legal issues and risks, sophisticated deal structures, approval processes, company policies and procedures, IP issues, negotiation strategy and other related issues.
- Support the continuous improvement of standard form agreements, playbook, contract templates and legal processes.
- Reinforce Splunk’s culture of compliance by providing ongoing training, education, and overview to ensure that Splunk meets all applicable legal requirements.
- Assist in development and dissemination of policies involving licensing, intellectual property and related issues.
- Work with improving business applications to streamline workflow.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- Possess outstanding legal capabilities and judgment.
- At least 6-10 years of in-depth experience in enterprise software, cloud offerings, business development, strategic alliances, intellectual property matters, and demonstrated experience in licensing, antitrust and contract laws.
- Proven experience supporting transactions for Partner Programs, drafting and negotiating Reseller, Distributor, service provider, OEM and other strategic alliance agreements, with marketplace agreements preferred.
- In depth experience counseling Partner organizations on strategic program initiatives, including advising on antitrust and other program level issues.
- Be a proven team player and working in fast moving, entrepreneurial environments.
- Demonstrated experience advising clients in structuring sophisticated commercial transactions and responding to customer agreements.
- You have strong drafting skills and attention to detail, comfortable and proficient with contractual language related to technology.
- Proven presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience with international licensing, transactions and legal requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to work on lead teams including both attorneys and business executives to solve sophisticated issues and recommended solutions
- Strong organizational approach and skills to manage multiple simultaneous projects with deadlines.
- Ability to operate independently for most issues, with some mentorship
- Outstanding English communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency in one or more languages other than English desirable.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.