Splunk is here to build a safer and more resilient digital world. The world's leading enterprises use our unified security and observability platform to keep their digital systems secure and reliable. While customers love our technology, it's our people that make Splunk stand out as an amazing career destination and why we've won so many awards as a best place to work. If you become a Splunker, we want your whole, authentic self, what we call your "million data points". So bring your work experience, problem-solving skills and talent, of course, but also bring your joy, your passion and all the things that make you, you.
Splunk IT is growing, and we are seeking a dynamic Senior IT Service Management (ITSM) Engineer to join the Splunker Technology Success organization. Along with your team members, you will be responsible for the overall ServiceNow and ITSM experience at Splunk.
The Senior ITSM Engineer will focus on maturing all ITSM processes and their corresponding ServiceNow modules to drive best practice in everything we do, with a particular focus on Change and Release Management. You will work with ServiceNow Architects and Developers to align processes with tool functionality, and drive a culture of Continuous Service Improvement across ITSM and the whole of the Information Technology Solutions Team.
- Playing a major role in our ongoing ITSM Maturation program, with ownership of the Change and Release workstream.
- Collating requirements from service owners for new functionality, fulfilling requirements in line with industry best practice.
- Using ServiceNow’s Performance Analytics capabilities to transform metrics reporting from reactive manually-produced reports to automated, real-time dashboards based on defined measures, metrics and Key Performance Indicators for Leadership and support teams.
- Ensuring ITSM policies are reflected in the way the platform is configured
- Training other IT Teams on the use of ServiceNow, and on all ITSM processes - particularly with regard to Change and Release Management.
- Assisting the ITSM Team in developing, building, testing, deploying and updating items and workflows within the Service Catalog and corresponding items in the Self-Service Portal
- Documenting processes, policies, templates etc. for Runbooks, Support Manuals (SOPs), Incident Checklists etc.
- Knowledge Management – Assist in maturing our knowledge-centered support model by working with the Global Service Desk and Resolver teams to populate the Knowledge Management database.
- Communication – Create communication plans and materials for rolling out / promoting new processes, new features being released, enhancements, upgrades, upcoming outages and planned maintenance, etc.
- ITSM Tool Release planning – coordinating demand for new features with the ServiceNow Team, assisting the prioritizing and scheduling of enhancements and fixes.
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science, information systems, other related degree, or equivalent experience
- ITIL Certification - minimum Foundation V3
- Demonstrable knowledge of the ITSM framework (ITIL)
- Strong understanding of Change and Release Management
- 2+ years of ServiceNow (or other ITSM tool) platform experience - including good working understanding of the Knowledge, Change, Incident, Problem, Release, CMDB and Hardware and Software Asset Management modules
- Excellent written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills to create process documentation, training materials and to host training sessions with stakeholders
- Productive attitude with a focus on Continuous Service Improvement to drive the business forward
- Encourage automation, efficiency, streamlining of processes and workflows to promote adoption of best practices
- Knowledge of Agile framework and experience of Agile ceremonies, terminology etc.
Preferred Qualifications / Experience:
- Experience of ITSM Transformation / implementation projects
- Business analysis skills to turn business requirements into technical scope / functional requirements / statement of work documentation for development teams
- ITIL V4 Foundation or above
- Working knowledge of Splunk enterprise and other Splunk products desirable
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Splunk has been in the Top 10 "Best Places to Work" for ten years in a row, and we're only getting better!
Splunk is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Splunk, we believe creating a culture of belonging isn’t just the right thing to do; it’s also the smart thing. We prioritize diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging to ensure our employees are supported to bring their best, most authentic selves to work where they can thrive. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Base Pay Range
Base Pay: CRC 27,200,000.00 - 37,400,000.00 per year
Splunk provides flexibility and choice in the working arrangement for most roles, including remote and/or in-office roles. We have a market-based pay structure which varies by location. Please note that the base pay range is a guideline and for candidates who receive an offer, the base pay will vary based on factors such as work location as set out above, as well as the knowledge, skills and experience of the candidate. In addition to base pay, this role is eligible for incentive compensation and may be eligible for equity or long-term cash awards.
Benefits are an important part of Splunk's Total Rewards package. This role is eligible for a comprehensive, competitive benefits package which may include healthcare and retirement plans, paid time off, wellbeing expense reimbursement, and much more! Learn more about our comprehensive benefits and wellbeing offering at https://splunkbenefits.com.