Join us as we pursue our vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Role: That’s a cool job! I want it!
Splunk’s Assurance, Advisory, Risk and Compliance (SpAARC) team is looking for a Senior IT Audit Analyst who will own delivery of technology assurance, advisory, and compliance service to the company in support of the information technology control function and have a thorough understanding of various control frameworks. Being analytical, upbeat, creative, and one who thrives in a highly skilled and dynamic environment will lead to success. The candidate must be comfortable working with both technical and non-technical resources and have experience describing compliance requirements in a technical manner.
In this highly visible role, the Senior IT Audit Analyst will be responsible for tasks within the day-to-day operations of Splunk’s Technical Compliance program as well as have significant involvement leading & assisting on other technology audits. This position offers the opportunity to lead internal assessments over the design and operational effectiveness of IT Controls, report to senior management on identified findings and control deficiencies, and track remediation of findings through to resolution. This role will assist with the development and maintenance of process narratives and flowcharts. Additionally, the Senior IT Audit Analyst will function as liaison between Splunk’s business / process owners, and internal / external auditors during audit engagements.
Responsibilities: I want and can do that!
- Assist in the scoping and planning process for audits/assessments, which includes assessing risk and mapping key processes, and systems to build Splunk’s Tech Compliance plan.
- Leads engagements, assigns, reviews and evaluates work product of audit team.
- Evaluates the design, effectiveness and adequacy of internal controls.
- Partner with multiple cross functional teams to ensure timely and efficient resolution of control findings and deficiencies.
- Identifies control weaknesses and/or control gaps and develops recommendations for risk mitigation and process improvement. Identifies opportunities for improved efficiency and effectiveness of existing processes.
- Prepares audit work papers and audit reports for management review. Communicates audit results to auditees. Coordinates client responses to recommended actions
- Maintain updated IT process documentation, and review for completeness and accuracy.
- Maintain business relationships with appropriate levels of management to ensure that Audit is aware of changes in business activities and objectives, and a necessary Audit response is developed.
- Possess good written and oral communication skills and demonstrate these skills during the audit process to the appropriate level of management.
- Demonstrate understanding of Splunk’s Internal Audit’s strategic vision, be a self-starter, and responsible for actions promoting this strategic vision.
- Interact with Audit project team members in working towards departmental goals.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- Experience auditing various AWS, GCP, SAP and/or SaaS based solutions.
- Experience working directly with internal engineering, information technology, security, and business teams.
- 5 years of experience leading IT engagements in two or more cloud hosted Fintech, SaaS or Technology start-ups pre and post-IPO.
- Extensive knowledge of internal control and compliance frameworks (specifically COSO, COBIT, SOX) and hands-on experience applying the frameworks to assist teams designing and implementing controls that are operationally effective across multiple compliance programs in cloud-based IT environments.
- Advanced ability in analyzing IT risk and designing efficient controls to minimize risk.
- Experience formulating audit testing plans, steps, and procedures and conducting walkthroughs, as required.
- Ability to work independently, multitask and lead multiple projects and work streams to a timely completion.
- Strong writing skills and the ability to communicate information about complex issues to stakeholders in a clear and easy-to-understand way.
- Comfortable working in a rapid-paced working environment with tight deadlines.
- Team-focused, positive attitude with high EQ.
- Strong leadership, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills to be able to interact with technical and non-technical colleagues and management.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with a wide range of people in a diverse and accepting environment.
Education: Got it!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Technology, Engineering, Business or equivalent.
- At least one Professional certifications e.g. CISSP, CEH, CIPP, CISM, PMP, CISA, CPA are preferred.
- Proven skill in G Suite, MS Excel, Word and Presentation with an understanding of data analysis techniques.We value diversity at our company.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.