Senior IoT Practitioner
Do you have the drive to be part of the analytics revolution helping to transform industries like transportation, medical technology, consumer goods, energy, and manufacturing? Do you understand the complexity of technologies and vendors required to implement end-to-end analytics solutions for our IoT prospects and customers? Do you want to work at a company that is rapidly growing, embraces innovation, new technologies, mentorship, passion, openness, has fun, and loves to disrupt the status quo?
If so, we have a role for you.
The Senior IoT Practitioner is a domain expert, architect, and builder. You will work cross- functionally with our sales, marketing, ecosystem, product management and engineering organizations to grow our on-premises and cloud-based IoT business. You will enable and support our global sales teams to identify, qualify, and develop IoT opportunities and deliver customer success. You will host and attend meetings and workshops with our customers and partners to discover unmet needs, brainstorm new use cases, and establish our value proposition through compelling presentation and demonstration of our software. You will drive general awareness of our IoT solutions through regular blogs and public presentations, and will prototype new ideas and solutions based on customer needs you have identified.
This role is Global, reflecting up to 50% travel at peak times.
- Drive opportunities in new IoT use cases during all parts of the sales cycle alongside Splunk and partner technical staff
- Deliver advisory sessions for top customers on cutting edge IoT use cases and the value of machine data for operational excellence
- Work with a team of Splunk and Partner technical specialists in the design phase of major projects.
- Work with top technology partners on strategic and architectural alignment between products
- Assist in developing and delivering training to the extended technical sales force
- Attend trade shows and network with existing and potential customers and partners
- Share Splunk’s value proposition through social media, conference presentations, and blogs
- Host and attend technical meetups and user groups
Research and Development
- Provide detailed use case feedback to product management and engineering leadership
- Participate in strategic and market planning sessions with product management and marketing
- Build proofs of concept and prototype new solutions for top Splunk IoT customers
- Minimum of 5+ years or work experience in IoT domain
- Programming (e.g., Python, C++, Java) or systems integration experience helpful
- Capable of leading complex customer deployments as a technical authority
- Validated domain expertise in IoT technologies and use cases
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Chance to create and build compelling technology demonstrations for sales.
- Dedicated problem-solving determination and troubleshooting capacity in dynamic complex environments
- Strong collaborative and social skills, specifically a shown ability to effectively guide and influence within a dynamic highly motivated environment
Education and experience requirements:
Bachelor's degree in computer science, a related discipline or equivalent work experience