Senior Technical Training Instructor
Job Description: That's a cool job I want it!
We are looking for a dynamic and creative Senior Technical Instructor to join the team and help us deliver world class training to our customers and partners nationally and worldwide. In this role you will perform instructional delivery of approved course materials. Teach multiple courses. Work within a team but must have strong self-discipline and be able to work independently. Willing to teach classes virtually as well as at Splunk partner, customer, and contract facilities.
In addition a Senior Technical Instructor demonstrates the ability to lead major departmental projects and effectively work cross-functionally with members of other departments. You will be viewed as a leader and mentor by other team members and deliver multiple, technically advanced courses.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Teaches one or more advanced technical classes.
- Regularly participates in cross-functional projects.
- Manages major projects within the department.
- Manages multiple projects/tasks with minimal supervision.
- Consistently meets or exceeds goals and/or project milestones.
- Communicates effectively, both verbally and written, with management, team members, and other departments.
- Anticipates and resolves common problems.
- Balances long and short term goals by prioritising activities.
- Actively participates in curriculum planning sessions for new product training.
- Reviews training curriculum and provides feedback to instructional designers.
- Adapts well to changing job and project requirements.
- Recommends and implements solutions when project issues arise.
Requirements: I have already done that!
- 3/5 years of software/technology training to various technical audiences (i.e. software engineers, systems administrators, developers, sales engineers etc.)
- Experience working as a Senior Technical Instructor within Education Services for an Enterprise Software Company
- Knowledge: Current Unix/Linux shell, command-line, vi editor experience a must!
- Linux Administration is a plus.
- Technical and troubleshooting skills in at least one software application or technology.
- Qualified candidate must have excellent oral presentation and customer interaction skills.
- Must be willing to travel up to 50% in EMEA.
- Must have or be able to obtain current passport and be able to travel to other countries and regions without restriction.
- Experience with Splunk or competitive application products is a plus but not required.
- CISSP (Certified Security Specialist) a plus
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience in a technical or related field is required.