Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As a member of our Security Architecture team, you will help drive the strategic direction of our mission to protect Splunk customers, data, assets, and employees. Our focus is to introduce and mature secure design within our business, minimize risk, and maintain secure infrastructure. Our team is small, but professional. We work hard, have fun, and are very passionate about protecting our business.
The successful candidate will help define the enterprise security architecture and standards to support a highly dynamic and diverse organization. You are relied on to communicate our standards and strategies with multiple partners, technology owners, and leadership teams.
- Define and publish facets of the overall infrastructure security strategy with collaboration and support of business leadership.
- Build reference architectures for application integration, cloud security practices, and other infrastructures
- Help incorporate good security practices into new solutions using industry standard methodologies, regulatory guidelines, and corporate policy.
- Produce highly-detailed documentation of new or existing environments and their security posture and controls
- Define standards for and guide the implementation of various network security devices/software/services such as NGFW, IPS, UEBA, CASB, DLP, and sandboxing.
- Assist in developing an automated framework for security tool deployment and development
- Assist the SOC team in the creation of monitoring and detection solutions using Splunk products
- Conduct security assessments for projects, providing helpful feedback to project managers
- Conduct technical security reviews of internal or external solutions being purchased, developed, or maintained.
- Collaborate with legal and compliance teams to build, maintain, and communicate policies required for security, information sharing, and use of computing infrastructure.
- Participate in formal risk assessments, performing technical risk analysis and mitigation activities.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related subject area
- 7+ years in a dedicated information security role
- Demonstrated ability as an information security architect, or in a similar role
- Understanding of next-generation firewall features and application-based enforcement
- Work experience with infrastructure security concepts including network devices, firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, identity services, web applications, encryption, forensic analysis, penetration/vulnerability tools, Linux/windows/macOS, virtualization, desktop/laptop and mobile devices
- Some experience with securing and orchestration via Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, Puppet, Ansible, etc.
- Familiarity with modern vulnerabilities and attack methodologies including intelligence, discovery, mitigation, remediation and root cause
- Solid grasp of business continuity and disaster recovery concepts
- Experience with regulatory compliance and audit frameworks including ISO, SOX, NIST, SSAE, HIPAA, PCI, and FedRAMP
- Solid understanding of data protection policies, procedures, privacy rules and regulations, data security, encryption, digital rights management, data loss prevention
- Should be proactive, with the ability to work alone or in teams, with minimal oversight, driving positive results in difficult circumstances while maintaining attention to detail
- Able to efficiently handle and deliver on multiple unrelated tasks
- Maintain an outstanding level of documentation including infrastructure diagrams, security standards, and project plans
- Be able to explain sophisticated systems and technical security topics to others who may have minimal technical knowledge using oral, written and visual presentation
- Fosters and builds a collaborative working relationship with operational and business partners
- Eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship
Nice to haves:
- Experience in Python, Perl, Ruby, or shell scripting languages
- Splunk certifications
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.