Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
This role will provide strategic HR partnership and support areas within the Product Management, Design and User Experience groups. The position will report directly to the Director HRBP for Product Management, Design and User Experience.
The Senior HRBP will be instrumental in working with leadership at varying levels to assist with organizational change, talent management, organizational design, leadership planning, M&A Integration and supporting programs that strengthen manager effectiveness and capabilities.
The location of this role is flexible but the incumbent will need to be able to travel as needed.
- Consultant: Act as an HR consultant and advisor, delivering insights and solutions to the leadership team to address business challenges and leader development. Direct involvement in the development of successful business strategies.
- Develop and refine organization-wide Human Resources strategies and solutions to drive business effectiveness and improve/maintain the quality of the Splunk culture.
- Organizational efficiency & leadership development: Diagnose and clearly articulate the root causes of organizational performance. Anticipate the need for change and influence action before an inflection point arrives. Facilitate leadership assessment and leadership planning to identify next generation leaders. Partner with leaders on the development of key talent to build a world-class team.
- Partner with leaders to optimize the experience and impact of Splunk’s workforce by building capability and capacity through integrated talent planning, assessment, development, and deployment processes that align to business goals. This results in having the right people in the right place at the right time.
- Use relevant data to inform and create insights for client groups to inform decision-making and team performance.
- Business HR Operations – In partnership with the executive clients, ensures excellent planning and implementation of key HR activities.
- Support key hires and work with Recruiting on executing workforce plan and critical hiring for the business.
- Effectively partner on performance and quarterly rewards planning processes and compensation activities during the year. Oversee end-to-end HR service delivery by maintaining partnership across all HR functions. Connect managers and employees with appropriate HR Resources.
- Strengthen manager effectiveness, engage with relevant teams (e.g. L&D), to ensure managers are demonstrating our leadership competencies and modeling our values while developing and growing their employees.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of employment law, committed experience and good judgment to quickly and efficiently resolve issues for the relevant client groups.
- Take the initiative to partner with the Leadership team to ensure employees have effective tools and training to support successful work performance.
- Outstanding collaborator - Ability to collaborate and operate in a "one team" environment across all levels of the organization.
- Strategic acumen - Partner with business leaders to drive solutions that creatively solve complex business challenges to address these issues.
- Financial acumen - Understand drivers of shareholder value and relevant business models, and how to translate these into appropriate management and HR actions.
- HR expert - Familiar with the complete HR service portfolio including OD and talent management and able to effectively partner with recruiting, total rewards, learning & development, people operations and diversity & inclusion.
- Business acumen - Understand the organization's business strategies and dynamically changing external business competition, conditions and overall landscape. Incorporate this knowledge into appropriate management and HR actions.
- Partnering and influence - Present solutions in ways that are heard, understood and supported. Add insight that positively influences senior management decision-making. Communicate with clarity, conviction and confidence across various levels and groups.
- Demonstrated track record of maximizing relationships, building trust, and communicating effectively with clients, cross-functional teams, business leaders, and other key partners.
- Good technical knowledge of human resources and its role within the business. Excellent knowledge of the related regulatory environment including but not limited to FLSA, FMLA, ADA, EEOC etc.
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to deal effectively and professionally with all levels of employees and management. Good analytical skills, problem solving and decision-making skills are required to provide exceptional support.
- Excellent planning, time management, prioritization, and organizational skills. The ability to handle competing priorities calmly under pressure and within restricted timeframes is essential.
- Proven ability to provide expert Human Resources support as described is normally obtained through at least 10 years HRBP experience.
- Previous experience supporting a software product management, product marketing or engineering organization is preferred.
- Knowledge of Human Resources theories, practices and principles and the related regulatory environment as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management or Organizational Development. Masters Degree preferred but not required.
- Travel Requirements and Demands: Occasional travel to our remote offices. Some international travel is required.