Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The right candidate for this Senior HRBP role will actively and strategically collaborate with executive leaders to drive business outcomes and organization effectiveness. As Senior HRBP, you will operate as a member of their teams and be accountable for their respective HR strategies which are informed by understanding the drivers of organizational and team performance.
This role can have a primary base in either our San Francisco or San Jose office locations, but travel to both offices is a requirement.
- Consultant: Act as an HR consultant and executive coach, delivering insights and solutions to the leadership team to address business challenges and leader development. Contribute to the development of successful business strategies.
- Develop and refine organization-wide Human Resources strategies and solutions to drive organizational performance and improve/maintain the quality of Splunk culture.
- Organizational effectiveness & leadership development: Diagnose and clearly articulate the root causes of organizational performance. Anticipate the need for change and influence action before an inflection point arrives. Facilitate leadership assessment and succession planning to identify next generation leaders. Partner with leaders on the development of key talent. Foster Splunk values.
- As a key component of an overall HR strategy, lead talent management and workforce planning efforts: Partner with leaders to optimize the experience and impact of Splunk’s workforce by building capability and capacity through integrated talent planning, assessment, development, and deployment processes that align to business goals. This results in having the right people in the right place at the right time and at the right cost.
- Create data-driven HR solutions: Use relevant data to inform and create insights for client groups to inform decision-making and team performance.
- Business HR Operations – In partnership with the executive clients, ensures excellent planning and implementation of key HR activities:
- Support key hires and work with Talent Acquisition on executing workforce plan and critical hiring for the business.
- Partner on performance and quarterly rewards planning processes and compensation activities during the year. Ensure end-to-end HR service delivery by maintaining partnership across all HR functions. Connect managers and employees with appropriate HR Resources.
- Strengthen manager effectiveness, partnering with relevant teams (e.g. L&D), to ensure managers are demonstrating our leadership competencies and modeling our values while developing and growing their employees.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of employment law, committed experience and good judgment to quickly and efficiently resolve issues for the relevant client groups.
- Take the initiative to partner with the Leadership team to ensure employees have effective tools and training to support successful work performance.
Competencies and Requirements:
- Strategic acumen - Partner with business leaders to implement solutions that creatively solve complex business challenges to address these issues.
- Financial acumen - Understand drivers of shareholder value and relevant business models, and how to translate these into appropriate management and HR actions.
- HR acumen - Familiar with the entire HR service portfolio including OD and talent management and able to expertly partner with talent acquisition, total rewards, learning & development, people operations and diversity & inclusion.
- Business acumen- Understand the organization's business strategies and dynamically changing external business competition, conditions and trends. Translate this knowledge into appropriate management and HR actions.
- Partnering and influence - Present solutions in ways that are heard, understood and supported. Add insight that positively influences senior management decision-making. Communicate with clarity, conviction and confidence across regions/cultures, including upward when necessary.
- Personal credibility - Consistently offer quality advice, counsel and insight. Maintain self-esteem and that of others while directly and constructively addressing issues. Create trust and mutual respect.
- Ability to maximize relationships, build trust, communicate effectively is required to analyze HR issues and provide information, direction and advice as described.
- Good technical knowledge of human resources and its role within the business. Excellent knowledge of the related regulatory environment including but not limited to FLSA, FMLA, ADA, EEOC etc.
- Possess strong communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to deal effectively and professionally with all levels of employees and management. Good analytical skills, problem solving and decision-making skills are required to provide support as described.
- Excellent planning, time management, prioritization, and organizational skills. The ability to handle competing priorities calmly under pressure and within restricted timeframes is essential.
- Proven ability to provide expert Human Resources support as described is normally obtained through at least 10 years of progressively responsible HRBP experience.
- Previous experience in the software industry preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of Human Resources theories, practices and principles and the related regulatory environment as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management or Organizational Development. Masters Degree preferred not required.
- Travel Requirements and Demands: Occasional travel to our remote offices. Some international travel is required.
We value diversity at our company. Everyone who applies with the qualifications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.