Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As a Functional Data Model Analyst, you will work independently, with different business stakeholders to discover and interpret business requirement into the services that Security Innovation and Data Sciences team can provide. You are passionate working with data, analytics, data sciences, machine learning & artificial intelligence to help discover and share actionable insights in the data. You are a highly motivated individual, with an excellent cyber security background and expert-level Splunk experience to develop intelligent applications and efficiency through automation. The position is based at Splunk's Bay Area offices in San Jose, California and is an excellent opportunity at a fast-growing and dynamic enterprise technology company.
- Discover and collect business problems that can be solved through data, analytics, and machine learning and AI
- Interpret business requirement into data science and ML terminology to bridge the gap between functional business teams and the data science team
- Collaborate with Splunk cloud operations team to deploy machine learning and artificial intelligence assets in Splunk production environment
- Foster the adoption of new dashboards and machine learning assets for measurements, decisions, and automations
- Develop and maintain SGS data catalogs, dictionaries, and documentation for a complex data ecosystem
- Develop and maintain security metrics calculation and dashboard and automatic delivery of them to web portal and emails if necessary
- Define and execute holistic security data collection, parsing, integration, and retention strategies
- Identify gaps in onboarded data, normalization, and correlation queries to meet requirements from different security functional teams (SOC, GRA, IRT)
- Build automations to regularly check data completeness and accuracy of the ingestion process to Splunk indexer
- You have a Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field. 7+ years of experience in technology companies
- You have strong business insight and good project management skills
- You have experience with SPL creation, Splunk knowledge object management, Splunkbase, dashboard design and development
- You have strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills to set up and interpret logic, data tables, and rule relationships
- You have the desire to learn and apply new technologies
- You have the ability to self-train quickly and pick up new skills as necessary
- You have good interpersonal skills
- Experience ML such as statistical learning, deep learning, word embedding and NLP, is a plus
- Eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.