Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and commemorate each other’s success.
Splunk's GDI (Getting Data In) team is seeking an exceptional Software Engineer to construct insightful and inspiring user experiences for our data ingestion products. These experiences will tell stories of IT and Security operations, compliance, user behavior, demographics, changing trends in use of our products and answer our customers` questions and help them to ask the right questions about their data.
In this role you will focus on both building and driving, cutting edge configuration and validation experience, as well maintaining and improving upon our existing products. Your work encompasses the intersection of data, engineering and design, demonstrating our product capabilities into intuitive user interfaces, utilizing modern web technologies.
What you'll do
- You'll build world-class product setup, configuration, and validation experiences.
- You'll develop modern user interfaces that are both desktop and mobile browser friendly and efficient.
- You'll collaborate closely with PM, User Experience and backend engineers to understand customer needs and translate them into product features.
- You'll participate in development of project timelines, implementation design specifications, system flow diagrams, documentation, testing and ongoing support of systems.
- You'll maintain and improve existing code with a pride of ownership.
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science; Master's preferred.
- At least 6+ years of experience in the industry working with client-side and server-side technologies.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills
- You're comfortable with command-line applications, source control, testing frameworks and other aspects of developing in large, distributed software teams.
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate a phenomenal environment.