Are you innately curious, passionate about building impactful analyses and a truth seeker using data? Splunk is looking for an individual to join its finance team. Come join a dynamic team and have an impact on Spunk’s fast-growing business. This position reporting into the Director, Data and Systems and supports FP&A’s ability to engage across teams through data analytics and system support. You will partner closely with all FP&A leads and business partners across all functions and get to know different businesses across the company. You will have outstanding partnership and communication skills, prioritize multiple initiatives, as well as the ability to deal with the ambiguity that comes in a fast-growing organization. This is a great opportunity to be a part of the FP&A team and build impactful crucial Finance processes across the organization.
- Optimize FP&A’s ability to scale with Splunk’s growth by identifying and implementing processes and analytics across planning, management reporting, and month end close that will improve the overall operation and efficiency of the Finance organization.
- Support our strategic and financial planning processes, the annual plan, and quarterly financial forecasts as well as the underlying financial planning models and systems.
- Manipulate and analyze large and complex data sets to distill insights from data; connect disparate ideas into cohesive, well-grounded recommendations using creative, effective, structured, and analytical thinking.
- Orchestrate expert level data visualizations and internal presentations that translate analytic insights into tangible, measurable solutions for business partners to implement.
- Collaborate with business customers for requirements and delivering complete reporting solutions which includes mapping requirements with the data sources/data warehouse.
- Make recommendations for new metrics, techniques, and strategies to improve the operational metrics.
- Work cross functionally on SAP ERP functional improvements and other financial system initiatives such as partnering with Data Governance teams to define the data elements and data structures used to enable analytical capabilities.
- 5 years of related experience in management consulting, operational Finance, public accounting, etc.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of communicating complex information in an easy to understand format. Able to interact comfortably with the cross functional leadership.
- This role is for doers; be able to get into the details and get the job done while at the same time being able to see the forest for the trees.
- Ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization in an open office setting, fast paced and a highly collaborative environment with a start-up mentality.
- Outstanding software and system skills with extensive experience with Jira Service Desk, ERP (SAP, Oracle, NetSuite, etc.) and Planning (Hyperion, Anaplan, etc.) systems including data conversions and data mapping across multiple ERPs and Consolidation /Reporting systems is required to succeed in this role.
- Demonstrated success in developing and applying concepts, practices and procedures of financial planning and analysis. Outstanding forecasting methods and techniques.
- Proficient in SQL and be able to extract & validate data using SQL query a plus.
- Knowledge in programming language (R, SAS, Python) a plus.
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Stats or related areas.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.