Are you innately curious, passionate about building impactful analyses and a truth seeker using financial data? Splunk is looking for an individual to join its dynamic finance team to boost Spunk’s fast growing business. Candidates will have outstanding partnership and communication skills, balance multiple priorities, and handle the ambiguity that comes in a dynamic Technology and Product organization.
Reporting to the Tech and Product Director, this lead is an excel guru who will build functional spend models and apply heavy data analytics to understand core inputs to influence and shape strategy. This is an outstanding opportunity to become the key FP&A lead supporting Technology executives and own crucial Finance processes.
Location: San Francisco, CA
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Quickly establish positive relationships and become a key advisor for our Chief Information Officer and Chief Information Security Officer and their respective teams allowing you to build a nuanced understanding of data inputs and outputs
- Roll up your sleeves and assist in developing annual operating plans, quarterly and monthly financial forecasts, and ongoing analysis of actuals versus plan and/or forecast
- Prepare monthly and quarterly management reporting / dashboards for Executives - analyze results, distill/synthesize business performance indicators, assess business risk and operating performance, and timely communicate risks and opportunities to management
- Build and maintain detailed financial and operating models to help predict future performance, perform scenario analyses, and guide the business on strategic decisions
- Identify and drive optimization of financial performance through improvement recommendations, influence leadership consensus, and implement solutions across the organization
- Engage with CIO and CISO leadership to model investment analyses and support contract negotiations for major expenditures. Additionally, review purchase requests to ensure accuracy and compliance with financial plan
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- This role is for doers; be able to get into the details and get the job done while at the same time being able to see the forest for the trees
- Demonstrated success in developing and applying Finance concepts, practices and procedures. Outstanding forecasting methods and techniques. Advanced analytical and quantitative abilities
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of communicating complex financial information in an easy to understand format. Able to interact comfortably with the executive management team
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, thrive in a fast-paced environment and stay flexible through growth and change
- Enjoys open office setting and a highly collaborative environment with a high growth, start-up mentality
- Outstanding software and system skills (e.g. ERP systems, Microsoft Excel) a must. NetSuite, SAP and Anaplan experience a plus
- Experience and understanding of the SaaS business model
- Strong customer service orientation and a desire to help others succeed
Education and Experience: Got it!
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Economics or related relevant areas.
- 5 years of related experience supporting Information Technology (firm requirement)