Join us as we pursue our ground-breaking vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with passion for our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most importantly, to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Reporting to the Senior Director of Growth Finance, this person will support Splunk's Marketing and Pipeline management organizations. This is a highly visible role and will work closely with senior leadership across marketing, sales, and Finance organizations to accurately model and forecast the business and lead the strategic analysis to advise investment priorities. This role requires a good understanding of FP&A processes, strong analytical and financial modeling background, outstanding business partnership and communication skills, and the ability to balance multiple priorities and the ambiguity that comes with being part of a fast-growing organization. This is a high-exposure role and an excellent opportunity to build and own some of the key finance processes tied to Splunk’s revenue and growth.Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- Lead FP&A processes, including planning, budgeting, forecast, close, and headcount management.
- Build presentations that summarize program performance and facilitate decision-making for Splunk management
- Perform analysis to evaluate program performance and impact on Pipeline generation and deal acceleration
- You will need to work on problems of diverse scope where the analysis of data requires evaluation across disparate data sources.
- Prior experience in Corporate financial planning & analysis, management consulting, investment banking, or Big 4 accounting is preferred. Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of superior financial and strategic analysis and developing/delivering recommendations based on this analysis.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills, which enable you to work as a team with other Splunk functions and operations partners. You are transparent and openly share information. You have experience working with employees at all levels of a company.
- 5 years of related experience (Software, SaaS, Big 4, investment banking, or management consulting experience is a plus)
- This role is for doers; who get into the details and get the job done while at the same time being able to see the forest for the trees.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of communicating sophisticated financial information in an easy-to-understand format. Able to interact comfortably with the executive management team.
- Ability to think creatively; Focus on simplifying. The highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Collaboratively focused and able to work well with others in a fast-paced and ever-changing business.
- Comfortable completing projects requiring individual initiative and flexibility in tight time frames with minimal direct supervision
- Demonstrated understanding of GAAP accounting and key non-GAAP metrics.
- Great attention to detail in a fast-paced, high-growth environment with an ability to craft order out of ambiguity
- Outstanding Microsoft Excel skills a must. Anaplan, SAP, Snowflake, Tableau, Alteryx, Salesforce.com experience a plus.
Education: Got it!
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Economics, Math or relevant areas
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.