Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for a high performance Sr. Analyst to join its Corporate Finance team and have an immediate impact. This position reports into the Manager of Corporate FP&A and will provide modeling and analytical support on annual, long range, and cash flow planning and forecasting, investor reporting workstreams, and on high-profile valuation projects. You will partner closely with Finance leadership and the office of the CEO to plan and prioritize capital allocation supporting the company’s operational initiatives, and with Splunk Strategy in the assessment of organic and inorganic growth opportunities. Candidates will have outstanding partnership and communication skills, handle multiple priorities, possess deep attention to detail, an unrelenting drive to get to the answer, and the ability to thrive in the ambiguity and open space that comes in a fast-growing organization. Candidates will also be required to have mastery of Excel with excellent modeling and data manipulation skills. This position will be based in San Francisco or San Jose, CA, or McLean, VA.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Play an integral role in Splunk’s Long Range and Annual Planning processes by driving insights into budgeting, ROI, and cash flow forecasting
- Develop, implement, and maintain cash forecasting models; track performance vs. forecast; communicate variances and be the go-to partner for executive leadership
- Partner with Investor Reporting and provide analytical support on guidance and investor Q&A
- Partner with the broader organization to develop and maintain forward looking three statement models and provide financial impact analysis into corporate initiatives and projects
- Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Guides other departments by researching, analyzing and interpreting data
- Collaborate with Strategy and Operations teams on key initiatives to align key metrics and ensure proper reporting
- Develop data controls and introduce improvements to ensure reporting accuracy, consistency, and scalability
- Prepare ad-hoc analyses for senior leadership on critical business issues
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- Enterprise software/SaaS finance experience
- This role is for doers with an extreme level of ownership; those able to get into the details and get the job done while seeing the forest for the trees
- Superior forecasting methods and techniques. Advanced analytical and quantitative abilities.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of communicating complex financial information in an easy to understand format. Able to interact comfortably with the executive management team.
- Ability to think creatively; Builder who is ambitious. Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Collaboratively-focused and able to work well with others in a fast-paced and ever changing business.
- Comfortable completing projects requiring individual initiative and flexibility in tight time frames with minimal supervision
- Strong financial acumen broadly across the organization (e.g., understanding of financial statements, chart of accounts, business intelligence, FP&A processes, etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding of GAAP accounting and key non-GAAP metrics
- A mastery of Excel modeling skills is required with ability to create and collaborate on complex financial models (3-statement forecasting)
- Outstanding software and system skills (e.g., master proficiency in MS Excel and Google Sheets, and Anaplan a must. Experience in SAP ERP a plus)
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics or Finance
- 5 years of related experience (investment banking or structured finance experience is a plus)
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.