Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you innately curious, passionate about building impactful analyses and a truth seeker using financial data? Splunk is looking for an individual to join its dynamic finance team to boost Spunk’s fast growing business. Candidates will have outstanding partnership and communication skills, balance multiple priorities, and handle the ambiguity that comes in a fast-growing organization.
Reporting to the Director G&A, this lead is an excel guru who will build functional spend models and apply data analytics to understand core inputs to influence and shape strategy. This is an outstanding opportunity to become the key FP&A lead supporting executives and to take ownership of critical near term and long term planning models. Additionally, this individual will work directly with leaders to do annual planning, quarterly forecasting, and monthly close activities (e.g. verifying expenses, explaining variances, etc.), as well as provide strategic advice.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Own and create the three-year expense and cash outflow model for Splunk tied to appropriate operational drivers (ARR per sales rep, regional profitability, peer benchmarks, etc)
- Establish positive relationships with the HR, Strategy and Facilities leadership teams to drive short term and long range workforce capacity planning at our 50+ locations
- Consolidate $200M+ of G&A expenses and flag key risks and opportunities to Director, G&A for various forecast cycles
- Build strategic, driver based models for G&A functions to promote business engagement and data driven approach to forecasting - talent acquisition capacity planning, patent acquisition and portfolio management, etc
- You will roll up your sleeves and assist in annual operating plans, quarterly, monthly, weekly financial forecasts, and ongoing analysis of actuals versus plan and/or forecast as well as the underlying financial planning models, systems and tools
- Develop and monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances. Work with team members to enhance global financial and operational performance trends (historical and forecasted) using appropriate metrics
- Build, develop, and maintain detailed financial and operating models to help predict future performance, perform scenario analyses, and guide the business on strategic decisions
- Partner with the business to create return on investment analyses and assist in contract negotiations for major spend initiatives
- Assist in other ad-hoc analysis
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- This role is for doers; be able to get into the details and get the job done while at the same time being able to see the forest for the trees
- Demonstrated success in developing and applying finance concepts, practices and procedures. Outstanding forecasting methods and techniques. Advanced analytical and quantitative abilities.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of communicating complex financial information in an easy to understand format. Able to interact comfortably with the executive management team.
- Ability to think creatively; Builder who is ambitious. The highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Strong financial acumen broadly across the organization (e.g., understanding of financial statements, chart of accounts, business intelligence, FP&A processes, etc.).
- Experience in sophisticated modeling (e.g., Cash Flow, Headcount, return on investment assessment, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, thrive in a fast-paced environment and stay flexible through growth and change.
- Ability to work in an open office setting and a highly collaborative environment with a high growth, start-up mentality.
- Superior software and system skills (e.g. Anaplan, NetSuite, Microsoft Excel) a must. Workday experience is a plus.
- Experience and understanding of the SaaS business model.
- Strong customer service orientation and a desire to help others succeed.
Education: Got it!
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Economics or related relevant areas
- 3 to 5+ years of related experience or related coursework (investment banking or management consulting is preferred)
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.