Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As Senior Expense Operations Analyst you will be responsible for the audit, analysis and reporting of Travel and Expenses worldwide. You will interact directly with our employees, upper management, internal audit, Travel and Legal. We are looking for someone with strong attention to detail, customer service and audit experience. You will streamline the audit processes, through process improvement, automation, and reporting. We want you if you are able to work independently or in a team environment with little supervision.
- Drive the implementation of new expense tool and ongoing maintenance, working cross-functionally to gather requirements and identify the needs of the business.
- Lead Accounting Shared services team, developing training documentation, implementing tools and benchmarking to streamline and automate the process.
- Manage escalations from employees and management, regarding the policy, expense tool, and reimbursement information.
- Develop monthly KPI’s, dashboards and reporting for management review of trends, year over year changes, and to alert regarding unusual activities.
- Work closely with payroll to lead the gift reporting process in accordance with IRS regulations, Splunk Policies and other government agencies as needed.
- Partner with Splunk Travel to discuss policy changes and improvements as well as maintain FAQs, Quarterly Communication Updates and T&E resources in the company portal.
- Work towards a standardized process to increase the frequency of expense reimbursement timing globally, gathering the requirements from Payroll and Accounting, and the banking tools as needed.
- Work with internal/external auditors on an ongoing basis to ensure continuation and up to date compliance requirements and sox testing are met on a global scale.
- Work with HR/Travel to document and improve the term process and timing for outstanding expenses and credit card charges.
- Monthly worldwide expense reconciliation in ERP for cash reimbursement.
- Prepare Bi-Monthly and Monthly Expense Reimbursement calculations to Payroll for payment processing.
- Ad Hoc projects, reports and analytics.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
- 4 to 6 years travel and expense audit experience
- 3 to 5 years working with an offshore team
- Understanding of the travel and expense audit process and the importance of providing excellent customer service to our Splunkers
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills - multi-tasking daily without losing sight of the longer-term objectives
- Able to own, drive, and coordinate multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure at times with minimum direction
- Detail oriented and highly organized with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Concur, Workday, Nexonia or similar expense tool experience
- Microsoft office skills (emphasis on advance excel skills and power point)
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent, preferably with a strong analytical background