This is an engineering leadership role to lead and develop a team of passionate engineers. This team will deliver high-quality fixes, product improvements and solutions to Splunk’s customers with rapid turn around time and raise customer satisfaction. This hands-on leader should have the technical abilities and customer relations experience to work with the Customer Success, Support and the Field organization. Further, the manager should continuously evolve the process and facilitate the bridging between Engineering and Customer Success for a rapidly growing organization with increasingly demanding and rapidly expanding customer base.
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of C/C++ engineers and serve as coach, mentor and technical adviser.
- Play a part in the diagnosis of complex problems encountered by Splunk’s on-prem and cloud customers, emphasis on cloud.
- Lead the team in evaluating future releases for diagnosability, maintainability and serviceability
- Work with Customer Success, Support, Field and Engineering management to prioritize incoming requests from the field
- Improve the defect resolution process for minimized latency and increased customer satisfaction
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
- Extensive experience in a combination of Engineering and customer product engineering leadership roles
- Experience in developing, debugging and maintaining scalable enterprise software solutions, including issues with threading, network and disk IO, data transformations, data integrity, systems management, systems administration, monitoring
- Proven track record of being hands-on who is willing to get hands dirty when needed
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or equivalent experience
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.