Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk Log Observer is a new generation multi-tenant SaaS logging solution that is optimized for DevOps team enabling them to understand the “why” behind application and infrastructure behavior.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Engineering Manager to lead our Full Stack application development Engineering Team in building and maintaining of new capabilities for our best in class offerings focusing on Observability product line. You will work within a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, product managers, and quality engineers in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Hire and retain top Software Engineering Talent
- Establish and articulate priorities and goals to your team
- Cultivate an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor
- Partner with Architects, Designers and Product Owners to help your team successfully plan for quarterly deliverables, iteratively deliver them during two week sprints, and adeptly respond to changes in priorities based on evolving business needs
- Ensure stability and performance of both backend services as well as client-side offerings that your team builds and owns
- Identify and drive resolution of roadblocks and issues that impact the success of your team
- Provide leadership for a high-performing Software Engineering Team including:
- Performance appraisal and feedback
- Setting goals and establishing metrics and accountability
- Coaching and mentoring
- Career growth guidance/assistance
- Facilitation of knowledge and expertise sharing among team members
- 4+ years of direct management experience of highly technical engineers.
- Experience developing and delivering scalable, full-stack multi-tenant SaaS product.
- Experience working with geographically and culturally diverse teams
- Passionate about design and user experience
- Passionate about good engineering practices, new technologies, and improving processes, and a consistent record of mentoring and coaching team members.
- Demonstrated prior success in leading Software Engineering Organizations of 8 or more people
- Strong understanding of modern software development practices including Agile, DevOps, and CI/CD
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.