Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Senior Engineering Manager, will drive the development and execution of enterprise applications which includes Salesforce, Salesforce CPQ, Sales Cloud, Community Cloud and a wide variety of other tools to deliver cutting-edge solutions for both internal and external users. You will be leading a team of highly skilled software engineers primarily working on our Salesforce-based solutions. If you have a passion for delivering great solutions and are as enthusiastic about the Salesforce platform as we are, this is the next job you should apply for. Come join a collaborative and growing organization where you can make a difference.
- 5+ years of team leadership, supervisory or management experience overseeing enterprise application development including: Forming, managing diverse teams, hiring, promotion, performance evaluation etc
- 8+ years of experience developing, architecting and deploying technically complex solutions on the Salesforce platform including Apex, Custom Objects, Workflow Rules, Custom Fields, Validation Rules, VisualForce, and Lightning
- Ability to engage in detailed discussions with engineers and others, both at a high level (eg strategy, architecture and design) and low level (individual items of code and configuration)
- Experience with relevant sales, service, and back office processes
- Must have a solid understanding of enterprise system implementations and release cycles
- Experience designing and executing a development roadmap collaborating with business and IT stakeholders
- Situational Adaptability is a key ingredient to being successful in this role as the technical debt and platform improvement activities need to be balanced against business deliverables
- Attention to detail with a proactive mindset and the ability to work as part of a broader team
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or equivalent years of industry experience.
- Salesforce Admin; Developer I; Integration, Sharing Security Architect certifications recommended
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Manage a direct team of around 10 engineers including hiring, onboarding, coaching, technical and personal development
- Manage application development, testing, support and maintenance of business applications
- Engage with business stakeholders and business applications counterparts, project delivery, project managers, and project sponsors in the business to:
- formulate acceptable delivery timelines
- discuss tactical and strategic objectives
- understand, clarify, and document the objectives and success factors for business-based project initiatives.
- Provides technical guidance guidance and standards
- Collaborate and consult with managers, and business owners as appropriate in providing support during the solution delivery and application support phases.
- Partners with and obtains feedback from technical discipline owners and experts to maintain a clear understanding and awareness of current technical standards and direction; provides feedback on standards based on project experiences and user needs.
- Collaborate with support and operations teams in fixing production issues.
- Work with QA/Release management to oversee release readiness.
- Ensure features are ready for release and support production go-live