Senior Engineering Manager
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Splunk > SOAR is the only purpose-built Security Automation & Orchestration platform, and the first to provide an open and growing community for sharing playbooks, apps and new technologies. It makes security smarter, faster, and stronger.
This is an exciting engineering leadership role to lead and develop a team of passionate engineers. This team will deliver product features and enhancements as well as fixes and solutions to Splunk’s customers with rapid turn-around time, raising customer satisfaction. We are looking for a leader that has both strong technical abilities and experience building relationships with the Customer Success, Support, and the Field organization. Furthermore, the manager will play a vital role in product innovation by working closely with product management and other engineering teams to build and enhance the Splunk product in terms of new features with quality, diagnosability, and usability at the forefront.
As a leader in the SOAR Engineering group, you'll also be deeply involved in roadmap planning, structuring our organization, and collaborating with a large network of software and security professionals. Splunk's teams are distributed in multiple locations; the right candidate will need to have excellent communication and leadership skills which transcend the geographic divides.
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- Lead a team of high skilled frontend & backend engineers and serve as coach, mentor and technical adviser.
- Working closely with the rest of the leadership and product management team on product strategy and roadmap refinement with the customer first thinking
- Passionate about good engineering practices, new technologies, and improving processes, and a consistent record of mentoring and coaching team members
- Lead the creation of features and product releases by being closely involved with the product development, design, and review.
- Experience developing and delivering scalable, full-stack multi-tenant SaaS products
- CI/CD is a top priority for us as we further mature our development model. A successful manager will champion code quality among the team by actively participating in code reviews, test plan development, and holding ourselves accountable for writing appropriate automated tests.
- Work closely with developers and architects on technical decisions throughout the development lifecycle.
- Work with other team leads from across the product organization on inter-area projects, help identify the critical paths of components, and resolve dependencies.
- Hold regular 1:1s with direct reports, help them navigate challenges, and coach them for their career development.
- Plan & implement strategies to help team align with the organizational goals
- 5+ years of experience in product engineering leadership roles directly managing highly technical engineers
- Able to build teams by attracting & retaining talent in a fiercely competitive environment.
Nice to have skills
- Experience working in or leading engineering teams distributed across geographies and timezones.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.