Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
- Splunk is seeking an experienced Senior Manager as lead for our Operations Team within Engineering Services. The Engineering Services team at Splunk is a service and support organization for Splunk Engineering focused on providing leading-edge engineering platforms which are the foundation for productive, frictionless software development lifecycles.
- This role will be responsible for ensuring the stability, performance, security, efficiency and reliability of the tools, processes and services Engineering Services provides for our internal customers on the Splunk Engineering team.
- You will lead our operational team charted with the day to day operations on all aspects of the support and services provided for our internals customers.
- You will define a full SLA supported matrix for all services Engineering Services provides. Accountable for service levels with a goal of providing 99.99 percent uptime to our end users.
- You will build, create and maintain automated solutions with scripting, build systems, backup systems, shared resources and other integrated systems
- Using JIRA Service Desk maintain our FAST process; which is a process which provides a direct interface between our primary customers and the tools and services we offer.
- You will provide timely, premier customer service for requests from all customers including; software development, QA, sustaining and project management. Typical requests would cover; tool failures, CI system management, and automated testing tools management and testing across multiple platform environments.
- You will engage with software development, QA and project management teams to prepare for customization or enhancements required for new and updated engineering requirements.
- You will provide feedback and guidance back to the Engineering Services team to help enhance the maturity of each service we provide.
- You will ensure all services provided have a HA / DA plan and establish a level of acceptance criteria prior to rollout.
- You will help specify, and drive improvements of the tools and processes used for testing and deployment of all tools and services developed by the Engineering Services team.
- BA/BS degree and minimum 8+ years of experience in operations or equivalent role.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience managing a team of high performing DevOps engineers.
- Experience operating within a multi-platform environment such as Linux, Windows, Mac, Solaris and AIX.
- Experience using JIRA and JIRA Service Desk.
- Excellent follow up and communication and presentation skills. Ability to keep things conversational and organized while getting things done.
- Capable of prioritizing and executing critical and blocking issues in a timely fashion.
- Experience with container technology – Docker, UCP or Kubernetes
- Experience with two or more of: Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Artifactory, Nexus
- Cloud-deployment expertise with AWS CloudFormation, Terraform; GCP or Azure a plus
- Experience with multiple build tools - GCC, Visual Studio, Xcode, Make.
- Experience with Splunk is a big, big plus.
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally hardworking and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and user experience.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12-hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps nurture an extraordinary environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.