Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Messaging As A Service (MaaS) team at Splunk is looking for an engineering leader to help lead and grow a team of passionate engineers.
Are you excited about data? Join us in developing sophisticated platform services, frameworks and tooling that allows customers and developers to collect massive amounts of data from a multitude of devices, operating systems, logs, metrics and more in a scalable and reliable way.
You are an experienced technical leader and expert in the design and development of sophisticated products to collect, transform and enrich data in a fast, scalable and reliable way both for Cloud and On-premise customers.
- Foster individual growth of engineers by posturing them for success in an increasingly cloud-first world.
- Partner with cross-functional team members and stakeholders to develop and maintain a well-defined roadmap, while balancing technological excellence.
- Build a culture of inclusion, transparency, continuous learning, growth, and sharing of technological insights.
- Inspire the team by contextualizing the work in the greater business picture.
- Share and solicit feedback early and often.
- Educate and advocate for engineering best practices within the platform ecosystem.
- Recruit, develop, and retain world-class engineers.
- Drive practices in training, development, and efficiencies across multiple feature teams.
- Represent the team in operational meetings to share best practices and metrics from the services
- 12+ years of software industry experience, with 4+ years of management experience
- You have led large software teams that have delivered complex products and made an impact for your users.
- You encourage them to achieve more than they thought possible.
- You are passionate about building and running distributed systems at scale in production. You understand the challenges and trade-offs to be made when building and deploying systems to production.
- You've shown the ability to effectively work collaboratively across functions and across remote teams.
- You have proven people management and leadership skills, and a consistent track record of mentoring and coaching team members.
- You are passionate about creating and fostering good engineering practices and processes, like version control, testing, continuous integration, and continuous build/test/release automation.
- Strong understanding of modern software development practices including Agile, DevOps, and CI/CD
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Familiarity with messaging systems like Apache Pulsar or Apache Kafka is beneficial
- Familiarity with container based development lifecycle, with Docker or Kubernetes for example, is beneficial
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $135,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits. Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).