Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk’s Observability team is looking for a Sr. Engineering Manager to lead a team in the Incident Response organization. You will lead a team focused on the administration of users, teams, schedules, escalation policies, paging policies and more.
You will be responsible for leading the development of new features and improvements to the architecture that will allow Splunk On-call to continue to scale and build the next generation of On-Call experience for DevOps companies across the world.
- Work across the organization and across functions to deliver quality products that delight Splunk's passionate users.
- Lead multiple teams of tight-knit engineers who are building a state-of-the-art, cloud-based environment for massive-scale data processing.
- Recruit and mentor new engineers.
- You will diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software that delights our customers and helps them solve their biggest challenges
- Champion an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor.
- Meet 1-1 with team members on a regular basis.
- Plan and support career development.
- Recruit and retain top talent.
- You have led large software teams that have delivered complex products and made an impact for your users.
- You encourage them to achieve more than they thought possible.
- You are passionate about building and running distributed systems at scale in production. You understand the challenges and trade-offs to be made when building and deploying systems to production.
- You've shown the ability to effectively work collaboratively across functions and across remote teams.
- You are passionate about user experience and making many people happier every day.
- Your have passion for ensuring systems are observable
- You have proven people management and leadership skills, and a consistent track record of mentoring and coaching team members.
- You are passionate about creating and fostering good engineering practices and processes, like version control, testing, continuous integration, and continuous build/test/release automation.
- 4 + year experience as a people manager with a BS EE or CS degree; 12 + years related experience (or Masters and 8 + years related experience or PhD and 5+ years experience).
- Experience with development and deployment in a hosted cloud environment, preferably AWS.
- Experience with front-end technologies like React and GraphQL.
- Experience with JVM languages, especially Java or Scala.
- Experience managing cross functional teams.
What we offer you:
- A constant stream of new things to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth of opportunities. You want to explore backend, frontend and SDKs? We have that.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help on both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.