Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is seeking a QA Engineering Manager to help lead, design, coach and build an efficient, productive and fun organization. You will be challenged with consistently delivering high quality features for Splunk Enterprise and Splunk Cloud in an agile release cycle. You will have to create new novel solutions to certify features that use customer use cases. Most importantly, you will build a collaborative team that will constantly seek to raise the bar and train new generations of engineers to face tomorrow's challenges.
- Release Excellence. You hold the teams accountable to a high-quality bar and strive to be the industry leader. You consider every issue found by our customers to be a big deal and a growth opportunity for the team. Desire to engage with customers and participate in validating patches and maintenance releases
- Drive for Automation. You constantly consider, "How can I automate this manual process?" and inspire teams to embrace this philosophy.
- You will invent creative new solutions to test features and functionality where there are no standard quality practices.
- Foster growth. You will meet with team members on a regular basis, help plan and support career development, and recruit top-tier software developer in test.
- You passionate about motivating your team, fostering collaboration, and embodying excitement about the projects.
- Identify and Remove Impediments. You will diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your teams from delivering high-quality software, nurturing an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor.
- Keeping calm and carrying on. You coach teams on appropriately handling a product outage, skills in identifying performance bottlenecks, spotting anomalous system behavior, and determining the root cause of incidents.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of engineering management experience
- 6+ years’ experience of test design, planning and hands on resolving the test automation
- 6+ years’ experience testing end to end customer use cases
- Expert in component based architecture
- Experience testing frameworks and SDKs
- Experience in different testing phases for a release cadence
- Experience in shipping releases over 3 to 6 months
- 6+ years’ experience in CI-CD and Jenkins
- Experience dealing with Support, Sustaining and Customer Escalations
- Have strong communication skills.
Nice to have:
Splunk Power or Admin Certification
AWS or GCP Cloud Certification
What we offer you:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We’re always expanding into new areas and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally hardworking and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.