We are looking for a shown engineering leader to help manage and develop a team of passionate engineers working on Splunk's search infrastructure. You thrive in a dynamic environment and have a track record of technical expertise and management responsibility. This role is not about instructing or developing a team member’s work directly, but rather guiding and serving to ensure the happiness and productivity of the team. The primary goal of this job is to enable every team member to do the best work of their lives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- You will nurture an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor.
- You will diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software.
- You will meet 1-1 with team members on a regular basis.
- You will plan and support career development.
- You will recruit and retain top-tier developers.
- You have experience developing and delivering scalable, full-stack software solutions.
- You have proven people management and leadership skills, and a proven track record of mentoring and coaching team members.
- You are passionate about building and fostering good engineering practices and processes, like version control, test-driven development, continuous integration, and build/test/release automation.
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status