Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you excited about data? Join us in Cloud and Data Platform to develop the sophisticated platform services, frameworks and tooling that allow customers and developers to collect massive amounts of data from a multitude of devices, operating systems, logs, metrics and more as scale and reliable way.
We are looking for a strong engineering leader to manage and grow a team of top talents working in the Data Stream Processing group. You thrive in a dynamic environment and have a track record of technical expertise and management responsibility. This role is not about instructing or developing a team member’s work directly, but rather guiding and serving to ensure the happiness and productivity of the team. The primary goal of this job is to enable every team member to do the best work of their lives.
- You will nurture an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor.
- You will diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software.
- You will meet 1-1 with team members on a regular basis.
- You will plan and support career development.
- You will recruit and retain top-tier engineers.
- You have experience developing and delivering scalable, distributed software solutions.
- You have proven people management and leadership skills, and a proven track record of mentoring and coaching team members.
- You are passionate about building and fostering engineering practices and processes which improve quality and productivity of the team including version control, test-driven development, continuous integration, build/test/release automation and continuous deployment.
Desirable technical skills:
- Proven foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in operating systems, distributed systems, data structures, algorithms and software design.
- Rich development experience with Java or Go languages
- Expertise in working with container management at scale with strong knowledge of the fundamentals to include service discovery, deployments, monitoring, scheduling, load balancing. Knowledge of Kubernetes, Kafka, Flink or Spark, Docker, AWS, Golang or Java preferred.
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.