We are looking for a shown engineering leader to help lead and develop a team of passionate engineers working on developing a cutting-edge version of Splunk's search infrastructure. You thrive in a dynamic environment and have a demonstrable history of technical expertise and management responsibility. This role is not about instructing or developing a team member’s work directly, but rather guiding and serving to ensure the happiness and contributions of the team. The primary goal of this job is to enable every team member to do the best work of their lives.
You will be joining the Search Technology team at Splunk, which is responsible for the core pieces that power search. This team will own and drive the development of the next generation of how we take the users questions and develop them into the instructions we need to execute. Your team will be taking a deeper look at powering Splunk to execute across multiple different engines and driving Splunk to larger and larger scale.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- You will nurture an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor.
- You will diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software.
- You will meet 1-1 with team members on a regular basis.
- You will plan and support career development.
- You will recruit and retain premier developers.
- You have experience developing and delivering scalable, full-stack software solutions.
- You have confirmed people management and leadership skills, and a consistent track record of mentoring and coaching team members.
- You are passionate about building and fostering good engineering practices and processes, like version control, test-driven development, continuous integration, and build/test/release automation.
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of particularly hardworking and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12-hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, we believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.