Senior Engineering Manager: Cloud Observability
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about solving problems using data and seek to deliver the best experience for customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success.
Splunk's Cloud group is looking for a Senior Manager to help build our large scale Cloud offering. You will be working to ensure development teams, product teams, and our cloud customers all understand exactly how their cloud systems are behaving. You will create patterns and tools that enable engineers and operators to reap the benefits from the latest observability and reliability techniques.
- Work across the organization and across functions to deliver quality products that delight Splunk's passionate users inside and outside the company.
- Help shape, define and drive the product roadmap.
- Lead teams of tight-knit, engineers who are building a state-of-the-art, cloud-based environment for massive-scale data processing.
- Recruit and mentor new engineers.
- You have led large software teams that have delivered complex products and made an impact on your users.
- You encourage teams to achieve more than they thought possible.
- You are passionate about building and running distributed systems at scale in production. You understand the challenges and trade-offs to be made when building and deploying systems to production.
- You've shown the ability to effectively work collaboratively across functions and across remote teams.
- You are passionate about user experience and making many people happier every day.
- You have an appetite to ensure systems are observable, providing insights for engineers to understand, share and validate changes to their software
- You have proven people management and leadership skills, and a consistent track record of mentoring and coaching team members.
- You are passionate about creating and fostering good engineering practices and processes, like version control, testing, continuous integration, and continuous build/test/release automation.
- You have worked extensively with container deployment and orchestration technologies at scale with knowledge of the fundamentals to include service discovery, deployments, monitoring, scheduling, load balancing.
- Deep knowledge of logs, metrics, traces, and alerts and obtaining the right data to help developers and operators make decisions quickly.
- Experience with development and deployment in a hosted cloud environment like AWS and GCP.
What we offer you:
- A constant stream of new things to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally hardworking and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Breadth and depth of opportunities. You want to explore backend, frontend, and SDKs? We have that.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help on both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment. We work in an open environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate a phenomenal environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.