Splunk Cloud Infrastructure Team
The Cloud organization builds robust and resilient auto-scaling platform solutions for hosting Splunk's enterprise software. The teams are fast-paced, high-velocity, and use state-of-the-art technology. The focus is always on automation, solving complex challenges that span across multiple groups within Splunk, ensuring smooth and expedient services to Splunk users.
We have a substantial AWS and Kubernetes presence of large-scale containerized systems. This is an incredible opportunity to use your existing leadership and cloud experience to drive the growth of the Splunk Cloud.
What we’re looking for
The Cloud Automation group is looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to help lead, design, coach, and build an efficient, productive, and fun organization. You will be a leader with an eagerness to create and own processes for enhancing team health, streamlining hiring processes, and finding industrious solutions to organizational impediments while working on the core compute platforms and infrastructure in the next generation of Splunk’s cloud offering.
What you provide
- Foster growth. You will meet with team members on a regular basis, help plan and support career development, and recruit top-tier engineers.
- Passion. Our customers are passionate about Splunk, and we want the same from our leaders. As a manager, you should be motivating your team, fostering collaboration, and embodying excitement about the projects.
- Identify and Remove Impediments. You will diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your teams from delivering high-quality software, nurturing an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor.
- Drive for Automation. You constantly consider, "How can I automate this manual process?" and inspire teams to embrace this philosophy.
- Knowledge of technical excellence and reliable standards related to security, performance, and disaster recovery.
- Cloud experience. You have experience in leading, building, and scaling secure services on different cloud providers. Experience with artifact stores and CI/CD services is a plus.
- Operational excellence. You strive for collecting robust metrics, data, and monitoring information from our services, ensuring that if an issue arises, the team is alerted before our customers notice.
- Keeping calm and carrying on. You coach teams on appropriately handling a product outage, skills in identifying performance bottlenecks, spotting anomalous system behavior, and determining the root cause of incidents.
What we provide
- Opportunities to develop and grow as a leader. We are always expanding into new areas, working with open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- Exceptionally skilled and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership, autonomy, and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- Collaborative and Supportive work environment. The teams work in an open environment, work together to get things done, and adapt to the changing needs for the team. We keep it real by being open and honest.
- Balance. People are not expected to work 12-hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Our colleagues are trusted to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
Requirements: 10+ years of software engineering experience, 5+ years of experience in managing software engineers, expertise working in a CI/CD environment, and experience in working within cloud platform environments.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $135,000. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).