Join us as we pursue our exciting new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about solving problems using data and seek to deliver the best experience for customers. At Splunk, we focused on our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly about each other's success.
As applications and systems become more sophisticated and user experience is at high stake, observability – the ability to monitor and understand those systems and how they impact users – becomes one of the biggest challenges for engineering teams. We are building world-class tools to help engineers deliver better, faster, and more reliable applications.
We are looking for experienced engineering managers to lead our engineering teams in building and maintaining new capabilities for our best-in-class Observability offerings. You will work within a multi-functional team of engineers, designers, product managers, and quality engineers in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Hire and retain top Software Engineering Talent
- Establish and articulate priorities and goals to your team
- Cultivate an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as an owner, mentor, and technical advisor
- Partner with Architects, Designers and Product Owners to help your team optimally plan for quarterly deliverables, iteratively deliver them during two week sprints, and adeptly respond to changes in priorities based on evolving business needs
- Ensure stability and performance of both backend services as well as client-side offerings that your team builds and owns
- Identify and drive resolution of roadblocks and issues that impact the success of your team
- Provide leadership for a high-performing Software Engineering Team including:
- Performance appraisal and feedback
- Setting goals and establishing metrics and accountability
- Coaching and mentoring
- Career growth guidance/assistance
- Facilitation of knowledge and expertise sharing among team members
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical field combined with at least 5 years of software development experience
- 4+ years of direct management experience of highly technical engineers
- Experience developing cloud native applications
- Experience developing and delivering scalable, full-stack multi-tenant SaaS products
- Passionate about design and customer experience
- Passionate about good engineering practices, new technologies, and improving processes, and a proven record of mentoring team members
- Demonstrated prior success in leading software engineering organizations of 8 or more people
- Strong understanding of modern software development frameworks and practices including Agile, DevOps, and CI/CD
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have skills
- Deep understanding of one of the major Cloud technologies, e.g. AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Experience leading engineering teams distributed across geographies and timezones.
- Experience in Java/Python/Go, backend web/API frameworks and/or distributed systems.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.