Senior Engineering Manager
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you excited about data? Join us in IT Service Intelligence engineering team to build the next generation of Splunk products that provide IT and Ops users with meaningful insights into all aspects of modern day IT and Apps services and infrastructure.
We are looking for a strong engineering leader to manage and grow a team of front-end and back-end engineers. You are someone who thrives in a dynamic environment and has a track record of technical expertise and management responsibility. You will grow, hire and establish your team. You will guide, mentor and motivate them to deliver the best work they can do.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- You will play a Hands-on Technical Lead role who will be very familiar with the technical work design and development of the features and be able to get involved at the development and code level as required.
- You will nurture an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor.
- You will diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software.
- You will meet 1-1 with team members on a regular basis.
- You will plan and support career development.
- You will recruit and retain top-tier engineers.
- You have experience designing, developing and delivering scalable, full-stack software solutions.
- You have solid expertise with Java, Python, C++, or Go languages
- You have proven people management and leadership skills, and a proven track record of mentoring and coaching team members.
- You are passionate about building and fostering engineering practices and processes which improve quality and productivity of the team including version control, test-driven development, continuous integration, build/test/release automation and continuous deployment.
- Proven foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.