Ready to shake thigs up? Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
The leader for Splunk@Splunk plays a crucial role as the company grows and scales. The Splunk@Splunk team builds applications implementing Splunk that showcase the product's capabilities for our users. But more importantly, this team deploys Splunk within Splunk to solve real business problems. Ultimately, that helps Splunk shape our product roadmap and internal user adoption of Splunk. As the leader of this team you'll be at the forefront and responsible for these business outcomes.
Success in leading the Splunk@Splunk team requires close collaboration with Cloud, Product Management, Engineering, Customer Success and the Digital Organization to deliver and operate Splunk functionality. Your user base is the company. You will hold a Digital Office role accountable for alignment with field best practices when deploying Splunk. Since it's a showcase, the solutions need to directly align to how we deploy Splunk with our customers.
A successful Splunk@Splunk leader has a deep technical understanding of the current products, new capabilities and features, and is able to consult, coach, and explain complex topics to internal audiences and customers. The Splunk@Splunk Director oversees a team with a set of products, so the key aspect is the ability to prioritize, manage stakeholders, and lead the team in building solutions. Working across many customer-facing and operations teams, you will build internal processes and systems to streamline and optimize the customer’s experience using Splunk.
- Lead and manage the Splunk@Splunk team. As this team attracts some of the most skilled Splunk practitioners in the world, you have the technical acumen and the leadership skills to lead those employees.
- Set direction and priorities for the team to deliver the most business value fastest
- Identify where Splunk adoption can increase
- Leverage the tools and resources from cross-functional teams (i.e. training, Support, Customer Success) to maximize the Splunk@Splunk team’s impact
- Work with Cloud and the Products Organization to introduce new features and functionality into internal Splunk environments. This is one aspect of successful introduction of new features, capabilities, and products, ensuring those needs will be met during beta installations and feedback gathering sessions.
- As a service owner, ensure users get the business value from using Splunk.
- Act as the field point of contact for Splunk@Splunk. This is not only a service & solution but a sales resource for customers who want to improve business outcomes through the strategic use of Splunk.
- Demonstrate and articulate Splunk@Splunk vision to customers either onsite or remotely, and at field marketing events such as conferences and trade shows.
- Ability to learn new technologies underpinning the latest industry trends is critical.
- You will be a self-starter who is motivated by an intense desire to learn, grow, teach & solve business problems using Splunk.
- Have a working knowledge of multiple products in the Splunk portfolio.
- Proven track record leading teams both directly and indirectly in a global technology company.
- Demonstrable ability to influence outcomes and drive initiatives in complex environments with parties that have multiple interests.
- Past success defining and continuously optimizing Splunk build, run and operate processes, procedures and infrastructure.
- Experience in one or more functions IT, Professional Services, Sales Engineering or Customer Support/Success.
- Demonstrated sales acumen and experience working at all levels of a technical buying center, from engineering manager to CIO/CTO.
- Possesses strong presentation skills and communicate clearly and professionally at various levels both inside and outside the company.
- Working knowledge of Open Source and Big Data tools, trends, methodologies, and best practices.
- Possess knowledge and experience across multiple verticals and industries and be able to understand and articulate the technology landscape.
- Willingness to travel at least 25% of the time or as needed to support sales activities.
- Domain expertise with IT Operations, Application Management and/or Security/Compliance is also desirable
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.