Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and strive to provide the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most meaningfully to each other’s success.
In this role, you will lead a team of product marketing professionals to drive the positioning, messaging and integrated GTM of Splunk’s products and solutions in the IT Operations and Applications space. The team contributes to thought leadership, launching new solutions, and opening up new market opportunities for Splunk and our partners. Your team will understand and define the relevant personas and use cases in these markets, building the content necessary for the Splunk field organization and partners to drive opportunities.
Be part of a fast-growing, dynamic and market-leading enterprise technology company. Bring your strong experience in product and solution marketing, entrepreneurial orientation, and deep IT domain expertise.
- Be a key part of the IT Markets leadership team, define market strategy, and drive marketing efforts for building market awareness, the Splunk brand, lead gen, and increasing sales in the IT Operations, Applications, and DevOps space.
- Work closely with field sales, inside sales, marketing, professional services and others on messaging and target marketing.
- Work across the marketing team to provide content for website, collateral, press communications, media and industry analyst briefings, tradeshows, sales and channel training, online marketing, etc.
- Work across IT Markets Group to help shape business and product strategy and drive execution and innovation in product and GTM.
- Develop and oversee the creation of various collateral including white papers and presentations.
- Identify and represent the company at various speaking engagements, conferences, press interviews, analyst briefings, etc.
- Assist the field sales organization by providing his/her expertise in specific sales situations.
- Lead IT Markets PMM team including hiring and development of talent.
- Highly relevant domain expertise—industry experience in IT Operations, IT Monitoring, DevOps and related markets.
- 12+ years product marketing experience in relevant enterprise IT software.
- 3+ years of experience managing people.
- Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills including ability to create and deliver effective presentations.
- Strong knowledge of technologies and solutions in IT monitoring marketplace and the primary vendors, and industry trends and dynamics is strongly preferred.
- You are a self starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced software start-up environment.
- Will require travel to industry conferences, customer visits, sales meetings and other places both U.S. and international.
- Strong leadership skills, great teammate and a person who can inspire and lead in a diverse team in experiences and background.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team management skills.
- BS in technical discipline or equivalent. MBA is preferred.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the relevant location.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.