Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
- Accountable for creation and execution of ongoing category strategies; ensure the category strategies align with overall Splunk strategies, goals, and objectives
- Develop, direct, and manage overall cost reduction targets and oversee execution of initiatives – accountable for reporting of procurement savings and compliance, inclusive of tracking savings to the P&L
- Demonstrate extensive professional knowledge and experience of principles and techniques of negotiation to advise the business, direct and secure the best outcome for the company, maximize leverage control and steer complex and critical negotiations
- Coordinate with other departments and stakeholders to ensure timely execution of procurement requirements and achievement of cost reduction targets and optimal TCO (Total Cost of Ownership)
- Review opportunities to implement best practices purchasing policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance and deliver best value and savings
- Excellent business acumen and understanding of risk mitigation approaches and contract language usage
- Lead the sourcing and analytical teams, ensuring quality performance management, talent management, and succession planning
- Drive continuous improvement in all aspects of categories (supplier performance, business adoption, technology enhancements)
- Apply broad and deep subject matter expertise to solve a variety of highly complex business issues
- Minimum 10 years demonstrated procurement and strategic sourcing knowledge and proven experience in a large high-tech company.
- Bachelors' degree required, advanced degree highly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in procurement systems and practices.
- Strong customer services and interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate work with others to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Demonstrated experience in working in a diverse, complex and high paced environment with competing demands.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, situations and problems to formulate logical and objective conclusions from fact, situations, data and observations.
- Ability to direct cross-organizational workgroups and to build consensus among a board spectrum of diverse constituencies and at a varying organizational level.
- Demonstrated experience with managing staff and establishing and monitoring appropriate performance metrics.
- Demonstrated skill in project management, including the ability to set project objectives, determine and address potential barriers, identify required resources, identify process steps and milestones, and adjust action plans to achieve desired outcomes
Who You Are
An inspirational operations leader who knows what drives a high-functioning team and can build strong relationships cross-functionally. In addition, an individual who is characterized as a:
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
- Strong communicator with experience in facilitation across all levels; skilled at addressing both large and small audiences across multiple leadership levels and functions.
- A bold visionary with the ability to design and implement disruptive initiatives, highly organized and motivated, with a bias for action and impact.
- Passion and ability to be creative within the constraints of business priorities, resources, etc. building highly effective teams to aid in the delivery of disruptive initiatives.
- Strong sense of urgency for and commitment to the customer.
- Self-starter and an independent thinker who is trusted to follow-up on responsibilities today, yet always thinks about what to do tomorrow.
- Possess flexibility and have a track record of delivering results in a fast-paced and highly ambiguous work environment - specifically in leading high-functioning teams.
- Exceptional communication skills. Ability to speak fluently to senior executives.
- Inquisitive leader, with a desire to drive detailed cost and business process analyses.
- Great demeanor and partner-facing attitude, including being reliable, helpful, collaborative and efficient
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with a bias for action