Senior Director of Product Management, Machine Learning
The Director of Product Management for Splunk’s Machine Learning products will be responsible for driving the Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Cognitive Computing roadmaps for Splunk’s core platform and product offerings. The role will include leading the strategic direction of the new products to accelerate customer value and business growth. The Sr Director will also contribute to the overall technical and commercial strategy for Splunk’s machine learning investment.
The role requires a hands-on leader with experience as a product manager of ML platforms and ML-powered applications who can create and evangelize a transformative vision for Splunk’s ML offerings; build and develop a world-class product management team; collaborate with and drive a team of innovators and engineers to continue Splunk’s tradition of building groundbreaking products; help to develop new ideas based on industry experience and contact with customers, prospects and partners.
The ideal candidate will possess an unrivaled blend of business and technical savvy, critical thinking and tactical execution.
- Lead product strategy to conceptualize and develop new products incorporating machine learning, AI and cognitive computing into Splunk’s suite of products in collaboration with senior management, product marketing, business development, engineering, sales, services, support and finance
- Identify market opportunities, build business cases, and define the product vision and strategy for Splunk’s Machine Learning portfolio, including the Machine Learning Toolkit, Cloud Ml APIs, and underlying ML runtimes.
- Ensure understanding of market direction, emerging customer needs, features, and functional requirements from which the product and engineering teams can design and implement new products and offerings.
- Assemble product requirements from multiple sources (e.g. research, usability, customer feedback, partner data, daring assessment) and communicate requirements to product development to achieve rapid adoption of the software.
- Understand similar offerings in the market, and formulate a strategy around how to address common business challenges with creative and disruptive solutions.
- Enhance existing products and work with sales and marketing to drive market adoption.
- Partner closely with the engineering team to help resolve the best technical implementation methods as well as execution schedule.
- Engage with early adopters through innovation program
- Evangelize products within and outside the organization
Required Skills and Background
- Strong background in using machine learning and artificial intelligence in delivering value in the security, IT, and tech industries
- Good understanding of the end user needs, business drivers and industry practices in ML and applied ML.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to articulate the product message
- Consistent record of driving new technology adoption
- Strong leadership and people management skills with consistent track record in leading successful project, product or business initiatives
- At least 3-5 years’ experience developing or deploying machine learning and artificial intelligence-based solutions to address industry problems.
- 10+ years in product management at an enterprise software company, and/or 5+ years as a product management leader for ML products.
- Strong track record of success as a product management leader.
- Experience and familiarity with software products for IT management, big data, and/or business analytics.
- Self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative, enterprise technology environment.
- Passionate about team culture with high emphasis on execution, customer advocacy, and a fun working environment.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records