Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Pipeline is the lifeblood of Splunk. Our ability to coordinate, focus, adapt and improve pipeline generation and progression are our most critical sales activities. Putting focused efforts here to improve our cross functional collaboration, analysis, and activation has an incredible impact on our ability to scale and improve the myriad of activities that go into pipe generation and progression.
To generate increased focus and position Splunk successfully we’ve created a centralized GTM Pipeline Office. This team will drive better consistency and execution across all pipeline generation activities for Sales, Marketing and the Partner community. The intent is to focus on the overall health, clearer analysis and impactful action plans in building a world-class pipeline strategy.
In this role, you will take on highly complex problems, gain insight into the strategic and operational issues which are forefront in the minds of the leadership team, have exposure to senior-level decision-making in GTM and Products and have the chance to create relationships with people across the entire company.
You should be an expert in all areas of strategy development and execution including: project management, business analysis, balanced scorecards, problem solving, executive communication, consensus building, and people development.
The global head of integrated pipeline management will play a key role in identifying and managing areas of pipeline optimization including;
- Pipeline Steering Committee – Defining and managing the processes to establish planning and execution across Global, Theater and Buying Center teams. Plan for quarterly efficiency reviews and development of metrics.
- Integrated Pipeline Management Initiatives– Defining and managing the establishment of global efforts (roadmap for integrated sales campaigns + plays built back from theater and pathway definitions of needs, identifying additional efforts that should be part of an integrated pipeline approach (executive briefings, BOTS / BOTN, product alignment) and ensuring there are clear owners and action plans to execute against. Manage the initial rollout of initiatives until standard methodologies are understood and hand-off is established to appropriate teams.
- Special projects - Developing project timelines and defining proper phases (scope/extent of collaborative integration required) to deliver on priorities amidst changing and often ambiguous requirements
- Lead ad-hoc estimating/sizing, business problem-solving, and other thought-leadership asks from Splunk senior management
- Working with partners across the company to ensure effective planning for rapid growth. Including sizing, negotiating, and communicating pipe targets and other planning metrics.
- Managing key partners - Working collaboratively with Sales, Marketing, Finance, Product, and other key functions to surface key strategic decisions related to pipeline and driving them to a conclusion, ensuring alignment with the pipeline strategy
- Minimum 10 years’ of similar experience from a fast growing SaaS/Cloud billion dollar company.
- Global experience building pipeline strategy and execution
- Mix of sales strategy, business operations in a technology company, and corporate strategy, marketing and sales field with strong exposure to technology.
- Built Pipeline Committees, strategies and executed across the org and on a global level
- Experience driving large and complex initiatives from framing the problem, conducting research/analysis to building the business and operational plans through to driving execution to success is required.
- Solid analytical and financial skills to work on complex business issues with minimum supervision.
- Master of Business Administration degree or equivalent (preferred) with management consulting experience.
- Location: Remote role and can be anywhere in the United States (please not we are not able to relocate and only able to consider folks already located in the U.S.)
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.