Join us as we pursue our disruptive vision to make data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers – both internally and externally. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Sr. Director, HR Business Partner will develop the talent strategy and drive the execution of solutions to ensure business success for our G&A functions, including the organizations led by the following: Chief Financial Officer, Chief Legal Officer, Chief Strategy Officer, and Chief People Officer. You will be a trusted advisor and partner to senior executives and lead a talented and dedicated team of HR Business Partner professionals. We are seeking a strategic and operationally savvy leader who can think globally, collaborate with diverse stakeholders across the organization and build a culture that attracts and enables world class talent to make significant impact.
End-to-end HR acumen is a core requirement for this role. As a resourceful, driven, and positive leader, your intellectual agility, logical approach to problem solving and an ability to work at pace are key attributes of your working style.
If you get excited about creating differentiated employee experiences and using data to drive people and culture strategies and decisions, we’d love to speak to you!
- Translate business goals into integrated, actionable talent strategies and initiatives that help grow the business and deliver results.
- Be a trusted business partner to coach and develop executives on people practices that will create a highly engaged culture of high performance.
- On a regular basis, this role will anticipate and actively work with the various leadership teams, and the executive leaders to ensure and maintain appropriate staffing levels. This position will work closely with the Recruiting team, and Compensation and Benefits to ensure that recruiting support to these organizations is provided and delivered. This may include collaborating with an immigration attorney, negotiation of offers and appropriate on-boarding planning.
- Ensure employees have effective tools and training to support successful work performance
- Act as the Splunk Cultural advocate and steward; propose ideas to improve Splunk culture and employee engagement.
- Prepare, maintain and use relevant data to inform and build insights for client groups.
- Develop and refine organization-wide and site-specific Human Resources solutions and practices as needed and/or directed to implement, or with, federal, state and local laws and improve/maintain the quality of Splunk culture.
- Thinking Strategically- Partner with business leaders to implement solutions that pursue complex business challenges to address org issues.
- Financial acumen - Understand drivers of shareholder value and relevant business models, and how to translate these into appropriate management and HR actions.
- HR acumen - Working knowledge of people management skills. Familiar with the end to end HR functions including staffing, total rewards, learning & development. Understanding of current legal, regulatory and governmental labor environment.
- Business insight - Understand organization's business strategies. Aware of relevant external business competition, conditions and trends.
- Partnering and influence - Determine and present solutions in ways that are heard, understood and supported. Add insight that positively influences senior management decision-making. Communicate with clarity, conviction and confidence across regions/cultures, including upward when necessary.
- Personal credibility - Consistently offer quality advice, counsel and insight. Maintain self-esteem and that of others while directly and constructively addressing issues. Create trust and mutual respect.
- Ability to maximize relationships, build trust, communicate effectively is required to analyze HR issues and provide information, direction and advice as described.
- Strong emotional intelligence, communication and presentation skills and the ability to deal effectively and courteously with all levels of employees and management are required. Good analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills are required to provide labor relations support as described.
- Outstanding planning, time management, prioritization, and organizational skills are essential. Able to meet multiple deadlines and challenging priorities within restricted timeframes is required. The ability to handle performance is also required. Superb communication skills, and ability to build relationships with client groups is essential, and excellent customer service skills.
- 15+ years of proven and progressing HR responsibility and experience required.
- Previous experience in the software industry preferred but not required.
- Maintains an awareness and currency of Human Resources principles and practices. This may involve attending advanced training sessions or meetings in which information is imparted and discussed. This may also entail participation with and maintenance of memberships with professional work groups; attending trainings, seminars, and other business-related conferences; collaborating with peers.
- You have expert knowledge of HR theories, practices and principles as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management or OD Masters Degree preferred not required.
We value diversity at our company. Everyone who applies with the qualifications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.