Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of the journey!
Splunk is a dynamic, fast-paced and high-growth company, and we are looking for an ambitious and experienced Senior Director, External Reporting and Technical Accounting to support our Accounting organization. This position requires significant interface with cross functional departments (including Legal, FP&A, Accounting, Equity, Tax and Corporate Development), as well as external auditors. The candidate will also prepare various analyses to support external audit and reporting requirements and other ad hoc management reporting/projects. This includes preparation of all SEC filings including 10K, 10Q, and 8Ks. This position will be responsible for developing internal and external reporting processes and monitoring and implementation of emerging GAAP and SEC reporting requirements. This role reports to the Sr. Director, Assistant Controller.
- Responsible for assessment and implementation of all technical accounting topics impacting the company, including evaluation, documentation and communication of all new accounting standards, SEC reporting and general reporting trends
- Work cross-functionally on contemplated business transactions to ensure relevant accounting issues are identified, thorough assessed, resolved, and appropriately documented in high quality technical accounting memos
- Research new accounting guidance from the FASB, IASB, SEC and other regulatory bodies, including evaluating the impact of new guidance on the Company’s financial statements
- Develop relationships and work closely with external auditors, business leaders and senior management to ensure communication of critical issues in a timely manner
- Communicate significant and judgmental accounting conclusions to the Audit Committee
- Ensure annual and quarterly financial statements are prepared accurately, timely and presented in accordance with GAAP & SEC guidelines
- Coordinate and manage the execution of audit procedures related to financial reporting and technical accounting topics
- Responsible for identifying, benchmarking and documenting accounting & disclosure-related matters
- Key participant in preparation of quarterly press releases and 8-K filing requirements
- Proactive identification of accounting and disclosure changes required including benchmarking and providing recommendations to management
- Monitor regulatory developments and major corporate events, including significant contracts, mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity offerings, stock-based compensation and assess their accounting and disclosure impact
- Undertake special projects and other ad-hoc projects as needed to ensure that Accounting and reporting requirements are properly addressed
- Ensure that we hire, develop, and retain the best employees
- Licensed CPA with 15+ years in Big 4 public accounting accounting and high - tech industry companies with extensive technical accounting expertise.
- Experience working in the National Office group or Technical Accounting Advisory role at a Big Four is preferred.
- 7+ years of managing a team is required.
- Experience leading the SEC reporting function and strong understanding of GAAP, S-X, and S-K disclosures rules.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and influence management and contributors at all levels of the organization and across all functions.
- Strong, proven leader in training and developing a high performing team. We are seeking a proactive leader and effective coach committed to the development and engagement of their team.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to draft original disclosures, MD&A, and other public and private communications.
- Exceptional organizational skills, timeline management skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and strong with Word and Excel.
- Desire to work in a fast growing, exciting and agile business.
- Ability to work cross-functionally to obtain all relevant facts and articulate accounting requirements and conclusions reached.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field of study. Active CPA or equivalent required
- We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.