The AVP, Business Development and Partner Ecosystems will lead our Splunk BD Team to accelerate the company’s growth in existing markets and to develop new market opportunities. This person will have primary responsibility for driving the overall alignment with our Market Groups, Senior Leadership, and Executives for strategic direction. As our products continue to proliferate in the market, gaining clear direction on the most strategic partner levers and driving uniform progress and execution across the BD team is even more critical. The opportunity is for an experienced business development professional to identify, structure and drive revenue through partnerships and other strategic initiatives.
Location: SF Bay Area preferred (but may consider other cities in the U.S.)
- Develop a framework and socialize a clear BD strategy for Splunk
- Demonstrates Technology savvy and building technical partner ecosystems w/ BD experience
- Build scalable and repeatable BD solutions and offerings
- Will collaborate with the SL/PDM teams for field enablement and GTM strategy.
- Develop a business score card clear quantitative metrics for the BD team
- Evangelize Splunk within developer and start-up communities
- Develop and lead ecosystem strategy across market groups and verticals
- Build cloud ecosystem strategy
- Lead offering with ecosystem partners
- Work cross functionally with all business units
- 10+ years of business development or strategic alliance experience.
- 10 + years of managing partner/channel teams at a enterprise software company, SaaS etc.
- Experience working for and with a wide array of technology vendors and leaders in the overall high technology market; applications, servers, storage, networking and XaaS companies
- Experience with IT Management products and services.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication / presentation skills.
- Track record of success: revenue generating partnerships.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth company.
- Someone who can both define strategy and drive execution of new business initiatives across the company
- Strong people management and team motivation capabilities and must be a forward and proactive leader that builds strong and cohesive teams
- Someone that has proven experience of being selective and focused on strategic alliances priorities with strong tracking KPIs (i.e.ROI based).
- Strategic alliances programs experience, knowledge and implementation track record.
- Strong complex project management skills and knowledge.
- Technical understanding of various IT architectures, data center operations and cloud services .
- Extensive recruitment, solution / joint offering definition, go-to-market.
- Ability to communicate, influence and work cross-functionally.
- Someone who can drive partnerships through to customer success.
- A self-starter who can get it done.
- M.S. / B.A. required, technical majors preferred, i.e. engineering, CS.
- B.A. a plus
- Location: Preferred SF Bay Area (offices in San Francisco and San Jose) but will consider other major cites in the U.S.